The Problem With Kudu

Well so much for my kudu horn guessing skills!!
 
Hi Louis, I thought that kudu would fool me. his tips went straight up...forever. Died of old age....tricky devil.
 
Hi Enysse

As you know well from being an experienced hunter in Africa, the grey ghost can fool even the smartest man LOL.:p

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen
 
Hi guys

Anybody who wants to tip the size of this one:

7445d1309419601-problem-kudu-largekudu.jpg
 

Attachments

  • LargeKudu.jpg
    LargeKudu.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 228
Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Crap, Thats my guess, that's one you would have to change your short on after seeing (pause for effect). And if you got the shot you'd be changing them for the same reason.
 
Yea it is a nice picture except it ain't a kudu. I is an American antelope with Kudu horns. Look at the ears, way too little and the nose vee is under the eyes not further down.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yea it is a nice picture except it ain't a kudu. I is an American antelope with Kudu horns. Look at the ears, way too little and the nose vee is under the eyes not further down.

You could be right. It could be photoshop or something like that. I am not sure about the ears, a big animal have smaller ears meashered towards overall headsize, than a smaller one. The chevron markings can be just below the eyes on kudu, take a look at this photo:

Trond
 
I have seen this picture on another forum site....rumor is that it is breeding bull in RSA and is off limits to hunters bullets.
 
Sorry wrong URL..

Try again:

kudu-lg.jpg


Trond
 

Attachments

  • kudu-lg.jpg
    kudu-lg.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 198
I'll guess 53-54"
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,297
Messages
1,570,977
Members
169,084
Latest member
Philomena2
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top