Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Lifetime NRA, DSC, SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Oklahoma, Kansas, Minnesota, Texas, Spain
Greetings Everyone!

I have some fun and exciting news to share with all of you!

I just got back in the states a couple of weeks ago from a 21-day hunt in Tanzania, which you all will hear about soon. Before the 21-day hunt, I spent and AMAZING 8 days in Zanzibar at Kendwa Rocks beach resort! Travel and trip time, I was away for close to a month and a half, so I am very behind on what has been going on here on AH, and the rest of the world for that matter!

The biggest, best, and most exciting news of it all is that before the 8 days in Zanzibar, @ActionBob and I got married!

Topper-Reception-Resized.jpg
Gun Photos-7 Resized.jpg

The wedding was PERFECT! In the wedding party was AH’s very own Cody @Bullthrower338 and Royal @Royal27 !

Bride & Groom with everyone resized-107.jpg
Wedding Party Guns-Resized.jpg

The wedding took place at a historical mansion and friends and family flew in and roughly 20 of us stayed at the mansion a couple of days before the wedding. We had the rehearsal dinner and wedding and the opening gifts the day after the wedding at the mansion.

There were lots of guns for the photos and we had an amazing time, and it was all just perfect!! Being Bob has been a farmer since birth…we had to have John Deere stuffs at the wedding as well. His brother insisted, and no one disagreed. We even exited the wedding on an old John Deere 520!

tractor exit 2 resized.jpg

Everyone applauded when we kissed, even our little Flower Girl, Lilly, who happens to be our Granddaughter.
The reception was full of family, friends, music, food, dancing, and FUN!!
It was perfect!!

Ceremony Kiss-Resized.jpg

It is pretty incredible how life works out sometimes. Sometimes we do not see why we have to go through all the rough, and at times, awful things in life to get to the really marvelous parts, however, I thank God EVERY day for Him bringing Bob and I together!!

Reception-first dance-resized126.jpg

Stay tuned for posts of Zanzibar and Tanzania! :)

Attachments

• Ceremony Kiss-Resized.jpg
    Ceremony Kiss-Resized.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 201
  • Tractor Exit Bride & Groom-Resized.jpg
    Tractor Exit Bride & Groom-Resized.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Outstanding! Hope to meet you in Dallas.

It was a honor and privilege to be included in the wedding, it was wonderful!

The most important hunt of my life is over!

I never thought I would get married again until Gina came into my life…

Reception-43.jpg

I am ever more appreciative of the AH community as this is where we became acquainted and became friends first. We have both had distractions along the way but when something is meant to be, it tends to happen. I’ve never been one to wear religion on my sleeve, but The Good Lord works in mysterious ways, and I know He put us together. When we look at the paths we’ve both gone down in life and where we each are from, there is no other explanation. Gina is a woman of very strong faith and she makes me a better man.

It was however a real shotgun wedding! LOL In fact a 12 bore H&H Paradox, a couple DU special 12 gauge semi auto’s, a pretty little 28 gauge side by side, a Thomas Bland .450 no. 2, a Marcel Thys 470 NE, a Rigby Highland Stalker 9.3x62, my Grandfathers old Winchester 94 in 32 Winchester Special, and a pair of Daisy red Riders My youngest sister was in the wedding party and she carried Grandpa’s Model 94.

Getting Ready-94.jpg

It was great just renting the mansion for the wedding as everything was on one site, all the venders where close, and we moved in Thursday, had the wedding practice and Groom’s Dinner right there Friday evening, and could just get up Saturday and get ready for the Wedding that afternoon.

Gina went all out on my Grooms Cake with the tractor theme, leaving the gun theme for the wedding cake :)

Groom's Cake (002).jpg

I did have it a lot rougher than Gina getting ready as I had to get all the guns out ;)
Getting Ready-45.jpg

Bride & Groom-110.jpg

It was a given that @Royal27 would be my best man.

Reception-79.jpg

And that @Bullthrower338 would be in the wedding party as well. Despite some shenanigans between him and @justgina at a previous AH Dinner where her liver was apparently falling out and she also seemed to think Cody’s ass might fall off if she didn’t hold it up. This is an inside joke between a very small handful of AH folks
Candids-2.jpg

Candids-3.jpg

Gun Photos-63.jpg

29884 (002).jpeg

My Brother called a week or so before the wedding to ask which tractor he should haul in to use for Gina and I to drive off with. Total pleasant surprise to me! We discussed using one of my personal newer tractors with a training seat in the cab vs. an older tractor. We both would have loved to use the JD 435 that was the only tractor our father had ever bought brand new, however there just wasn’t a good way for Gina and I to both ride on it comfortably with her in her wedding dress. So we settled on my old JD 520 two cylinder and my brother pulled a rabbit of his hat and found a little known of “dealer’s seat” to install on it. These are hand clutch tractors and when they were being sold, some farmers were still converting from horses to tractors so the dealer could install a double wide seat so he could better demonstrate and teach the buyer how to drive his new tractor. I guess that is a predecessor of the popular instruction seats being put in new tractors and other high tech machines nowadays.
Bride & Groom-246.jpg

In any case, my brother went all out getting that tractor prepped for us

Candids-5.jpg

A few days after the wedding we took off for Zanzibar and a full bag hunt in Tanzania! Here’s a little preview but watch for more
29988 (002).jpeg

20211008_142550 (002).jpg

20211015_073225 (002).jpg

20211007_092605 (002).jpg

20211006_183336 (002).jpg

Attachments

• 29988 (002).jpeg
    29988 (002).jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 173
Congratulations to you both! I wish you both many happy years together and many safaris to go on !:)

It was a honor and privilege to be included in the wedding, it was wonderful!
Cody you truly honored us by being there! I know how busy your schedule is. Love you always Brother and can't thank you enough!

Congratulations to you both. :A Hug: You make a fantastic couple!:A No1:

I was honored you let me be part of your honeymoon.:oops::E Rofl:

Looking forward to your saga.

1638134082467.png

My word! What a story book tale. Best wishes to both of you. What a wonderful happening and great honeymoon
Looks like Tanzania’s national bird, the Tsetse Fly, honored your presence during your safari

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg