The countdown begins

Hi all,
It is after midnight here. My strategy is to stay up all night so I can sleep most of the way from Atlanta to J-town. I will let you know if it works out. I have spent most of the evening packing. I thought I would share a few tips. I save old empty medication bottles for broadhead storage. I also use a zip tie around my bow string to prevent any unwanted dryfiring.On the bow case I write my name and address. I alse write "bow Case". Included is the info that all locks are TSA approved.I am packing about 50% less than last trip. I am taking two releases,range finder,allen wrench set,and medication in my carry-on. I have ample Lorazepam to ensure I sleep the correct hours. Lastly I have this little stuffed walrus that fits in my pocket. Hey you need a good luck charm. goo goo g'joob!

Africa here I come-Jerry

wasting my life one arrow at a time!
 
Just 6 days left for my Dad and I! Started the packing process, hope I'm not bringing too much stuff! :)
 
good hunting Diana the rebel
hope you and your father bag out and have loads of fun ,travel safe and be well
and being female chances are you will pack WAY to much .
looking forward to reading all about your adventure and admiring your trophy photos mate
 
Just 6 days left for my Dad and I! Started the packing process, hope I'm not bringing too much stuff! :)

I hope you will have a great hunt Diana!
May the goddess of hunting Diana smile upon you :)

Please take lots of pics and post your hunt when you come back.

I will board the plane 4 weeks from today for my own hunt :)
 
good hunting Diana the rebel
hope you and your father bag out and have loads of fun ,travel safe and be well
and being female chances are you will pack WAY to much .
looking forward to reading all about your adventure and admiring your trophy photos mate


Haha! Thanks for that! :) I'll let you know if I use everything I bring. Dad's looked over my list and hasn't said anything's unnecessary, but then again we are trying to have two of everything in case one of our checked bags doesn't show up! I told him we should bring an extra duffel bag for gifts, etc. ;)
 
I hope you will have a great hunt Diana!
May the goddess of hunting Diana smile upon you :)

Please take lots of pics and post your hunt when you come back.

I will board the plane 4 weeks from today for my own hunt :)


Thanks for the encouragement! I will take LOTS of pics and maybe a few videos. Should be able to fill up my SD card on the camera! ;)
 
8 1/2 hours until we leave for the airport. We spent ALL day packing and shooting! I'm pretty confident about out preparations, but Dad is a little jittery. Pray that the flight goes without a hitch and we have a safe adventure.

Thanks for all the help guys and I will be back before I want to be! :satisfied:
 
8 1/2 hours until we leave for the airport. We spent ALL day packing and shooting! I'm pretty confident about out preparations, but Dad is a little jittery. Pray that the flight goes without a hitch and we have a safe adventure.

Thanks for all the help guys and I will be back before I want to be! :satisfied:

Have a great trip, Safe travels and look forward to hearing the story and seeing the pics
 
Hi All,
I am pretty excited as I leave for RSA on April the 10th to celebrate my 50th with a bow hunt. I understand the Limpopo area has been dry. If any of you are in the area and can update that would be great. I am taking my Mathews Heli M (my new love , what a back wall!) set at 60lbs , with easton injexion arrows and NAP deep six thunderheads (fixed blade version). Took the set up on a wild boar hunt an blew through one like a hot knife thru butter so I feel good about African plains game. I am so pumped I wish I could sleep. I will take lots of photos and bring back the best stories I can.

warmest regards-Jerry

And visiting this forum, writing posts, reading others' comments, looking at their photos, that'll make the time go by faster...NOT. I love the excitement, it brings back the anticipation and planning for my first trip and now that I'm getting ready for my first Zim trip in a couple of months, your post ratchets me up a bit further.

Please post photos, not just of your animals but the entire experience, I want to see more of what the Limpopo area looks like.
 
have a safe and successful Trip
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,385
Messages
1,574,700
Members
170,137
Latest member
Zachary
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top