The Colour Game Is Over

I think the color variants are beautiful. I don’t know that I would ever shoot one but maybe I would. I do support the rights of breeders to selectively breed for this variant. Selective breeding/planting of plants and animals is as old as human beings are. Breeding for a certain color is no different than me selecting seeds from a tomato or ear of corn because it was bigger and taste better than any I’d ever eaten for planting next spring. I find it very difficult to sit here and wag my finger at breeders for this and then sit down at the dinner table and eat food bought at a grocery stores where almost every single packaged product contains corn is some form or another. Corn has to be the most genetically engineered product on the planet. There are probably too many ways to list how we Americans benefit on a daily basis from chemically or genetically altering plants and animals.
Hunt on!

We can gain a better understanding of the color variations in african game by simply looking to the Labrador Retriever. Labs have been bred for the color of their coat for a long, long time. I happen to be more of a believer of breeding for performanance and temperment than color, in dogs at least, but many people want a yellow or a chocolate lab. Nothing wrong with that.
It’s all about the chromosomes
58EC28FA-3D0A-4F45-B667-DACCC74414CA.jpeg

I hope it crashed enough that the kid can get a black impala and maybe I will look for a golden wildebeest. I just love the way they look. Had a blast when my son hunted the springbuck slam a few years ago.

As long as they’re not inbred, I’m for it. We’re not cheating Mother Nature, she gave us these, and this way, Black impalas and the sort won’t be wiped out.This means that the color ones are cheaper. About time before the prices go back up.Btw it is conservation. Dusty cattle country are now lush game farms. Where else do farmers not only tolerate lions, but breed them? Last time (a year ago) golden wildebeest were 50k. Now they’re cheaper. White rhino came back from extinction to such numbers that the rhino trade is being talked on legalization. More animals than when the European settlers arrived

From taking these biology classes recently on my way roasts a master's degree I can say the word MUTANT is probably being used from a genetics standpoint. Any variation to the genetic code is mutation, so when that impala's lineage hadn't consisted of white until this one showed up it fits the definition.
The same can be said about the flu virus every year. The "vaccine" is only about 20% chance to be effective because of how viruses develop: pairing with another similar virus, and mutating (often in birds) before becoming infectious to humans. H1N1 indicates two different strains that paired, and which of some 18 or so variations for either of those two letters.
Ramble compete and knowledge flexed, I agree that science often uses words to confuse a relatively simple event. The color, to me, just appears to foster more dreams in safari goers of both camera and hunting varieties. Doesn't that springbok slam look better with one more head?!
I guess everything is mutated then. Included us

I guess everything is mutated then. Included us

We are! Dr Delaney's favorite thing to comment on is "you're far more normal that you should be," based upon how many daily errors occur when DNA replicates. Good thing nature has a crap ton of proof reading systems!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!