Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia, Canada BC, US-Alabama, New Mexico, WY, CO and TX, Limpopo SA x 2
Got invited to a buddy’s ranch to go on pig patrol for a few days to thin the population. Texas does have a pig issue and I have shot a lot of pigs over the years but this one had the biggest cutters I can remember. Guess he was 185-200 lbs. Felt a lot heavier with two old guys loading him in the UTV. Shot a few others same body size but no cutters like these. S&W AR10 in 308 Win with 178 grain ELDX was the ticket.
CEFE9843-BC45-470D-9ADA-0023174EFC95.jpeg
B5FF5836-7D74-418F-AC08-F19EF3283262.jpeg

Great hog- outstanding tusks. Congrats !!

Really nice trophy. Will you make a plaque to display the tusks?

Wow!! Great cutters on that one. Congrats.

Congrats, that is a great pig !

Those are nice tusks. Our ranch had 98 killed last Friday out of the helicopter o_O Next day I shot 3 more driving around. No shortage of them for sure.

Wow, those are some teeth! Well done!

Man. Always wanted a shoulder mount of a hog like that.

Those are nice tusks. Our ranch had 98 killed last Friday out of the helicopter o_O Next day I shot 3 more driving around. No shortage of them for sure.

I bet, you did lot even make a dent in the population. Mine, like clockwork with opening day, are no longer showing up to the feeders in daylight. Those pigs are very smart animals.

Don’t know why, but Kansas Wildlife and Parks won’t allow hunting feral pigs, if they are spotted you are to notify Wildlife and Parks and they will take care of them.
Mike

Toothy bugger for sure, well done!

Those are some nice cutters! A rancher in my area who has now passed on once said a helicopter shot x amount of hogs on his place and 700 came to the funeral!

This was a Feral Okie hog shot by a Texan! Landowner estimated it at 600 pounds.
52180_600x400.jpg

It did dwarf the 300 pounders run and treed by the dogs (much fun).
I have shot some hogs over dogs and just at every opportunity, but never had one mounted.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a Feral Okie hog shot by a Texan! Landowner estimated it at 600 pounds.
View attachment 501947
It did dwarf the 300 pounders run and treed by the dogs (much fun).
I have shot some hogs over dogs and just at every opportunity, but never had one mounted.
Big pig for sure. Looks like a recent escapee. Were it’s ears notched?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg