temperature...??

observe

Contributor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Association of SA, SAGA, Primitive hunting [Spear @ Bow]
Hunted
R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
really,really hot ...
its unbelievable hot now this time of the year here in the desert
50+ C and as can be seen its out of the specs
[its now the start of summer for 4 months]
i can not wear my steel framed glasses as it literately burn me! [plastic now]
3 hurrahs for the inventor of A/C!

20919d1373459650-hot-temperature-dscn0589.jpg

WHAT'S THE TEMPERATURE LIKE WHERE YOU ARE NOW?

Attachments

• DSCN0589.jpg
    DSCN0589.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited by a moderator:
I feel your pain, today a nice 108, a few days ago it was 118, the outside temp when I got in my SUV at 3 pm on that day read 130. (that was sitting in the sun all day. Phoenix AZ

in south eastern Australia its about 5c im 45 miles out to sea and its cold this morning ,flat calm ocean but cold .its 0500 and when the sun comes out it will be 12 -14 c by mid morning

Been a great summer for us so far. Have only had a day or two that went into the low 90's. Today around 86 and 93 tomorrow. Bruce

I,ll gladly take all the heat you guys don,t want we don,t get enough in Minnesota

39c in Oklahoma today. Way to hot for me.

Observe, It is winter somewhere in the world right now. Why aren't we down there hunting instead of up here suffering. I think I hear the baboons mocking us.

You guys just made me feel pretty good about 31C.
But tracking Eland in sand in that temp is a challenge.
3.5L water during one stalk of three hours. 1.5 L before it started.
Perspiration evaporates so fast you don't realize it is happening.

5C in the AM at the moment.
Showers are a little chilly in the tent and then you get into the oven later at 10:30 to 15:00.

Someone said something about mad dogs and Englishmen walking about in the Noon day sun. You can add crazy Canadians to that list.

I am glad I am not in that desert north of here. The Kalahari is interesting enough at 31C

39c in Oklahoma today. Way to hot for me.

Observe, It is winter somewhere in the world right now. Why aren't we down there hunting instead of up here suffering. I think I hear the baboons mocking us.

wheels,man ,now you're talking
i'll be off to Africa in a weeks time and should be in the bush in 2 weeks time [Limpopo-Tolwe area]
man,i can not wait!
keep sharp

Hello Wheels
What part of Okie are you in?
I'm in Northern ok by Enid
This heat is just to have me in shape for a late hunt in Sept.
Better than last year with drought and 60+ days over 100degrees F

wheels,man ,now you're talking
i'll be off to Africa in a weeks time and should be in the bush in 2 weeks time [Limpopo-Tolwe area]
man,i can not wait!
keep sharp

I'm officially jealous. Both the temperature and being in the bush. Turn the lights out on a couple of chacma's for me. Make sure and post some pics and write about your hunts. How long of a break do you get before you have to head back to the desert?

You guys just made me feel pretty good about 31C.
But tracking Eland in sand in that temp is a challenge.
3.5L water during one stalk of three hours. 1.5 L before it started.
Perspiration evaporates so fast you don't realize it is happening.

5C in the AM at the moment.
Showers are a little chilly in the tent and then you get into the oven later at 10:30 to 15:00.

Someone said something about mad dogs and Englishmen walking about in the Noon day sun. You can add crazy Canadians to that list.

I am glad I am not in that desert north of here. The Kalahari is interesting enough at 31C

31C interesting? Nah, that's paradise to us 'Zonies. Our morning lows are higher than that, and significantly hotter by 8am.

Hello Wheels
What part of Okie are you in?
I'm in Northern ok by Enid
This heat is just to have me in shape for a late hunt in Sept.
Better than last year with drought and 60+ days over 100degrees F

K-man, glad to meet another Okie. I'm in Edmond. We have been fortunate this year so far. Not horrible weather yet. You are right, last year was bad. Almost as bad as what Observe has to deal with. Do you come down for the Backwoods show? Where is your late hunt in Sept. going to be?

31C interesting? Nah, that's paradise to us 'Zonies. Our morning lows are higher than that, and significantly hotter by 8am.

Phil, It just means I'm a wimp! Give me below freezing any day. I can always put more clothes on. At some point I can't take any more off. They arrest us in Oklahoma for things like that.

Phil, It just means I'm a wimp! Give me below freezing any day. I can always put more clothes on. At some point I can't take any more off. They arrest us in Oklahoma for things like that.
couldn't agree more wheels .
you can always get warm ,but its not always possible to cool off.

I'm officially jealous. Both the temperature and being in the bush. Turn the lights out on a couple of chacma's for me. Make sure and post some pics and write about your hunts. How long of a break do you get before you have to head back to the desert?

morning wheels
i only get 30 days a year away from the desert
that means that between family commitments and friends,the time for hunting is on a tight schedule!
as time is limited,i'm going only for warthog,bushpig and baboon this time
[bow and arrow,handgun and spear]
hopefully all will went well and there will be some pictures and maybe even a story about it when i got back
eish, the salt mines hey?

morning wheels
i only get 30 days a year away from the desert
that means that between family commitments and friends,the time for hunting is on a tight schedule!
as time is limited,i'm going only for warthog,bushpig and baboon this time
[bow and arrow,handgun and spear]
hopefully all will went well and there will be some pictures and maybe even a story about it when i got back
eish, the salt mines hey?

Enjoy your month of freedom. Can you hunt in Bahrain? Can you do any spearfishing there?

thanks-looking forward to it [and to feel the cold again!]
no, no hunting allowed here
only the royal family hunt with falcons
next door in Saudi they have opened up a very luxurious super expensive 'canned' hunting for the super rich and royals

spearfishing is also not on
because of the enlarging of the island,the contractors are allowed to remove 1,5 m of seabed for the filling-up sand.
in the process a lot of sea-life habitat are destroyed,as well as a lot fine silt in the water near the coast here in the Persian gulf --not many fish here!
the substance fishermen and developers are butting heads about it,but money talks!

37 C in Madrid. Thankfully, it s dry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg