Target shooting

Dr Ray

AH legend
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
4,298
Reaction score
6,534
Location
Cairns, Australia
Media
53
Articles
5
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
7
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association of Australia + CRM Gunsports (Cairns)
300 Winchester magnum - B muzzle break

195 grain Hornady ELD match bullets with 82 grains AR2225 powder.
Somehow my right hand index finger got jammed or crunched.
Makeshift bench and set up we’re not ideal. This set up somehow contributed to my finger getting a whack.

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/33/03/BC1AA3B1-7F5C-4912-B6B0-060E82D3E076/IMG_2749.mov
 
Last edited by a moderator:
300 Winchester magnum - B muzzle break

195 grain Hornady ELD match bullets with 82 grains AR2225 powder.
Somehow my right hand index finger got jammed or crunched.
Makeshift bench and set up we’re not ideal. This set up somehow contributed to my finger getting a whack.


file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/33/03/BC1AA3B1-7F5C-4912-B6B0-060E82D3E076/IMG_2749.mov
Link dosent work Ray.
 
Attached at last.
This rifle is a Remington 700 Model - only the action and stock, I had a gunsmith fit a 24 inch medium weight stainless steel barrel and replaced the trigger system with a Timney trigger set for 3/4 pounds pressure. I had a muzzle brake fitted as the recoil at the bench was what I call - sharp snap.
I put a Nightforce 12-42 x 56 scope on the rifle. The handloads I was shooting - 195 Hornady ELD match bullets with a compressed load of AR2225 powder (82 grains). I also loaded 208 Hornady ELD match bullets with 81 grains of AR2225 powder.
I will test the groupings at a proper benchrest (under cover). Where I shot Saturday was hot and very humid - rain started that evening and is unlikely to stop until at least Friday.
Both these loads were compressed powder loads and when I go to Kurrimine Beach range (some distance away) I hope my friend Ron will go as he has a velocity measurer (Lab Pro I think).
I have the 300 sighted in for 300m using factory 180 grain Federal bullets. My handloads printed the same horizontally (sheer luck) but I will check at Kurrimine Beach soon after a trip for fallow.
I'm off to Tasmania Friday 17th March to go fallow deer hunting using my 25/06 with 117 grain bullets.
I have 1 stainless steel buck tag and I can shoot as many does as I like (but only one buck). Shooting spikers is prohibited.
I'll try to attach, soon the handloaded 300 Winchester with the 195 grain and 208 grain Hornady bullets.
 
Still trying to get the video to load properly
 
at the bench
 
I don't think you can attach a video. Put it on Youtube and link to that.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,349
Messages
1,573,683
Members
169,822
Latest member
NestorBoyn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top