Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
Just saw my e mails for Utah-nothing for me this year, waiting for my girls to check their e mails. Some friends of mine did draw antelope, archery elk and an archery desert sheep tag-it will be a good year!

JimP

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, RMEF
Hunted
US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
All unsuccessful for me also except for having a lifetime license that gives me a general deer tag each year.

I'll be hunting on the Manti unit with my smoke pole.

jduckhunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
DU, JSA, NAHC( Life member), NRA (Life member)
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
We applied for WY deer and pronghorn tags again this year. Feeling pretty good about our odds of drawing.

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
Put in for elk, moose, mule deer and pronghorn here in Sask. I was drawn for mulies last year and moose in 2018, so no hope for either of those although I'm hoping my wife and/or brother draw a moose tag. Our results don't come out until June and pronghorn not until July so I've got a bit of a wait yet.

npm352

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Nothing from New Mexico, Utah, Montana or Colorado so far. Still have Idaho, Nevada and Wyoming left.

CEO

AH veteran
Reaction score
Expecting to draw CO muley. Same tag I gave back last year due to the wildfires. Putting in for a SD deer tag, but probably won't draw that until next year.

calling4life

AH member
Reaction score
Yes for elk/deer in Montana. Also a positive for elk in Idaho. Waiting on Montana antelope. Oh, and working a lot to fund the fall hunting trips.

Do you drive out to Montana and Idaho?

I'm thinking about it for bear/elk but I have degenerative disc disease and don't know that I could handle the drive without making it a several day thing just on its own, which kills hunting time in a big way.

So I'm wondering, if you do drive, do you have an approximate idea of how many hours to get to western Montana and North Central Idaho?

I'm North of the cities in MN, but it should give me a real world idea.

revturbo9967

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA- IL, WY, CO, NH, ME, Canada- NB
I spoke to my Wyoming elk guide this weekend and was informed of a few startling facts. They stated that in a general elk area, 90% drew a tag with 2+ points for 2019 and 2020. That number dropped to 20% for this year. The influx of hunters to the western states have exploded. They also told me that my 5 points may not be enough to draw on a regular tag and I may still need the more expensive special.

toxic111

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada (BC, AB, & SK), Eastern Cape SA
I won't hear for a bit on any of mine.... july usually for deer, and pronghorn not till august usually.

LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
I spoke to my Wyoming elk guide this weekend and was informed of a few startling facts. They stated that in a general elk area, 90% drew a tag with 2+ points for 2019 and 2020. That number dropped to 20% for this year. The influx of hunters to the western states have exploded. They also told me that my 5 points may not be enough to draw on a regular tag and I may still need the more expensive special.
I think it has exploded for 2 reasons. 1st being COVID and guys wanting to hunt. 2nd is that they are changing regulations and seasons, points are becoming more expensive and actually more worthless so guys are cashing out. I have heard some horror stories on point creep in Wyoming and Colorado.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Halina8549

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eastern Cape Hunting Report Coming soon...
Jaynecobb wrote on cal pappas's profile.
I hate to bother you....I own 2 of your books including British bore rifle. I was hoping you might have more 10 bore loads. For the heavier and later rifles. Any help would be appreciated.
Gert Odendaal wrote on Av8or's profile.
Good day , Do you still have .375 H&H Magnum brass available to sell?
tarbe wrote on PatrickMa Ward's profile.
Aha....I see you have a new Avatar!!

Nice bull!
flatwater bill wrote on KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
I hope your hunting season has started off well. I am coming to Namibia for the 7th time in late April of 2022. I am bringing two friends who have never hunted outside of the USA. I have several questions, but before I write them all, I will wait to see if you receive this. Please give a shout................................best regards.........................Bill...............Idaho, USA