Swift A frame unavailable, whats next best?

Barnes TSX, Federal TBBC or Norma Oryx.

I prefer the Barnes TSX because that’s what shoots best in my rifle.

Nosler Partition is not what most PH’s would recommend for cape buffalo or most DG. Possible exceptions would be lion or leopard.

Last trip 5 one shot Buffalo with partitions. Any of the modern bullets do well. I don’t bother saving every recovered round but the few I have saved are mushroomed as perfectly as any of those posted. Shot placement is most important.

Barnes is what I shoot. They are accurate out of my rifles and perform very, very well.
For Cape Buffalo, the 300gr TSX is a wonderful bullet.

I have a decent supply of swift a frame ammo in 375h&h and 416 rigby but at this point Im left with about 1 hunting season of both then what? Cant find them anywhere. Primarily for cape buffalo. What is your thought? Hornady seems to be available but ....
I was in Boddington's Buffalo seminar Saturday at SCI. He agrees with me that Barnes TSX is the top choice. The A Frames are great and will come back in stock. You will be unlikely to find much support for going with Hornady.

I've had wonderful success with Barnes TSX and Hornady DGX with buffalo

I have a decent supply of swift a frame ammo in 375h&h and 416 rigby but at this point Im left with about 1 hunting season of both then what? Cant find them anywhere. Primarily for cape buffalo. What is your thought? Hornady seems to be available but ....
Funny you made this post. I'm very frustrated with Swift. I have some 375 HH 300 grain A Frames but I'm going to Zambia in June for Buffalo and croc. My gun loves them. Why are they not producing ammo?:confused::mad:

Another vote for Barnes TSX, both ammunition and bullets are available in .375 H&H 300gn.
Its so weird I've had a couple of people tell me these are horrible bullets for Leopard but thats what I 300 Win mag likes.

I’m a big fan of Federal premium Trophy Bonded Bear Claw. Always preformed as intended. This one was recovered from a cape buffalo taken in 2021.

View attachment 585162
I've shot some big mid west and Canadian whitetails with this. 165 grain 30.06. Knocks them on their ass every time.

Its so weird I've had a couple of people tell me these are horrible bullets for Leopard but thats what I 300 Win mag likes.
I would run what you brung and punch it in the boiler room with the 300wm

I too am frustrated with ammunition manufacturers, a 375 ruger has about zero support
from ammo manufacturers, and I am not sure if I want to get back into reloading as a hobby

bueno suerty amigo

Easy. Cutting edge ballistics safari raptor and their Maximus line.

Hey guys been following this thread. Does anyone know what's happening at Swift & why they aren't manufacturing?

Hey guys been following this thread. Does anyone know what's happening at Swift & why they aren't manufacturing?

Bill claims a multitude of reasons from Covid to lack of quality employees…in other words the same challenges that face many businesses in the USA.
He did tell me that I can expect them to start releasing new ammo by the end of the month starting with the popular calibers(375, 416, 458). It will be at least a year for the less popular calibers(according to him) 404, 500 Jeff, 505 Gibbs.
He definitely started looking and acting his age at this convention and I’m concerned with the future of Swift. I hope they have a good succession plan in place.

HH

Funny you made this post. I'm very frustrated with Swift. I have some 375 HH 300 grain A Frames but I'm going to Zambia in June for Buffalo and croc. My gun loves them. Why are they not producing ammo?:confused::mad:

I spoke to the I presume owner...was an older big guy at sci...asked about 404 aframes he said they were still playing catch up and were going flat out, and he had bought another new machine in...said were making batches in order of calibres that are most popular...said unfortunately 404 are down the pecking order but expecting to make them in the fall....bought a box of 570 grain for my 500 Jeffrey...they had 5 boxes left....so they working on trying to get the products out

Ask Wim Degol in Belgium, he produced heavy jacketed bullets with bonded lead core.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdwardSnea

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.