Support charities without spending money

mcfd45

New member
Joined
Jul 22, 2013
Messages
10
Reaction score
9
Location
Detroit
Just a heads up to the users on here (long time lurker, planning for my first trip to africa in 2018) Amazon has introduced AmazonSmile, this is a charity donation site that you can send 0.5% of your purchase price to a charity of your choice.
So far I have settled on SCI, but I'm sure you will find the charity of your choice if you chose someone other than SCI.

This costs you nothing and supports a cause you support.
Check it out on amazon.
 
Charity of your choice or your choice from a list?
They have a bunch. I found the NRA and SCI. didn't feel the need to explore after that. If you have one in mind you can see if they are on amazon. It's pretty easy.
 
I emailed DSC probably 2 years ago to let them know about this program. They actually forwarded me to the correct person, who said they'd look into it, and then never heard from them again. ...

So.. I give their money to SCI.
 
No more do I give money to a charity,maybe a little to Salv Army at Christmas..but I will give to truly needy myself without a middle man..When in Africa you will probably travel by an orphanage,,if your driver will stop you can look around for a few minutes..Talk to whoever is in charge and get a feel for what they need..Then help out if you are so inclined as you know where your money went..You can also pay outfitter to deliver some meat from what you take..Most need it..It will be a touching experiance~
 
MCFd sure is secretive in profile
 
No more do I give money to a charity,maybe a little to Salv Army at Christmas..but I will give to truly needy myself without a middle man..When in Africa you will probably travel by an orphanage,,if your driver will stop you can look around for a few minutes..Talk to whoever is in charge and get a feel for what they need..Then help out if you are so inclined as you know where your money went..You can also pay outfitter to deliver some meat from what you take..Most need it..It will be a touching experiance~
I agree. I have been a part of a few charities and seen the good and the bad. The only reason I dropped this on here is because amazon gives them money, not you. Not a penny out of my pocket.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ack
MCFd sure is secretive in profile
I have lurked for a year or so. Rarely post. Is their an introduction section to say hi? Would you like to know anything about me? I will try to fill my profile in.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ack

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,952
Members
169,660
Latest member
nikitawati
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top