Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Hello all, summer is right around the corner and it's time to get your summer adventures on the books before we book up! Late spring through early fall is a fantastic time to come enjoy the wild West Texas Panhandle. As ya'll know we are located in historic Turkey Tx, the home of Bob Wills. The following offers are available for booking with dates May through the second week of September.
All hunts include guides, meals, lodging, fishing, feral hog hunting, skinning, quartering, trophy prep, and one helluva Rockin' good time!
Not included: Pre/post trip expenses, meat processing, taxidermy, normal stuff.

Day Rate: 500/day/hunter 2 day minimum
150/day/observer

Trophy Fees: Alpine Ibex $6000
Aoudad $3800
Axis $3800 Peak Rut May through late June
Blackbuck $3200
Eurasian Boar (pure, not feral) $1500
European Mouflon $3200
Nilgai $5000
Scimitar Horned Oryx $5000

16770c4aeb751b61f1bc91da993395e4.jpg
071116nilgai.jpg
IFKK0511.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG
IMG_0392.JPG
IMG_0394.JPG
IMG_0443.JPG
IMG_0467.JPG
IMG_0470.JPG
IMG_0471.JPG
IMG_0472.JPG
IMG_0484.JPG
IMG_5607.PNG
IMG_5608.PNG
IMG_1699.JPG
IMG_6433.JPG
IMG_6900.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The wife and I want to come down this summer, maybe early June. Gimme a call so We can plan something!

So as I think through this and trying to determine fully-loaded price for a Nilgai . . . it sounds like a $7k, 3 day event. Admittedly, your operation is one of the finest in TX and I know you typically get what you pay for. That said, doesn't that seem materially more expensive than your competitors / the going rate? I mean this, sincerely, as a question (NOT an indictment). Just trying to get my bearings as I consider the pricing bookends of doing this. Many thanks.

So as I think through this and trying to determine fully-loaded price for a Nilgai . . . it sounds like a $7k, 3 day event. Admittedly, your operation is one of the finest in TX and I know you typically get what you pay for. That said, doesn't that seem materially more expensive than your competitors / the going rate? I mean this, sincerely, as a question (NOT an indictment). Just trying to get my bearings as I consider the pricing bookends of doing this. Many thanks.
Sir I sincerely apologize for not responding sooner, it was not intentional I just missed the notification.
to answer your question.
Nilgai packages start at $5600 so I guess your adding in airfare and all other travel expenses that you would have no matter where you are going. Adding an extra day does cost an extra day fee but the hunt still wouldn’t be 7k. We have had a daily rate increase to $500/day BUT I’m still running the Nilgai packages at $5600 baring any unforeseen circumstances.
Nilgai are all over south Texas. We in the panhandle do not have self sustaining herds as our winters will absolutely 100% kill them. They are extremely cold susceptible and no one has ever successfully climatized them to live in our winter conditions. Unlike most of Texas we frequently see temperatures below zero for a week or so every February and they just cannot handle that. This means that I have to bring them in annually after the last freeze. I have a policy on released animals that they cannot be hunted within 30 days of release. It is unfair to the animal to not allow it to get settled in and have time to find all of the places to hide from and escape from hunters.
Anyway, much like 95% of all outfitters that offer Nilgai hunts I have to buy the animal at the same price everyone else does, then I have to ship them all the way across the state which typically runs 1000$ Additionally they are on my feed bill (we do supplemental feed) for 5 months.
It is something we offer but I do realize that it is significantly higher in some circumstances than many places across the state. I can tell you that I am by no means the most expensive on them.

BTW @AES you in no way offended me. I run a very transparent operation and do not hide anything. The only way one will ever know is to ask! You are more than welcome to ask me anything anytime whether it be in open forum or pm.

Will be there in May to hunt with the babygirl! Fired up!

How do we start a poll on here to see what the group thinks the Huntress should take?

Blackbuck
Axis
Aoudad

:)

How do we start a poll on here to see what the group thinks the Huntress should take?

Blackbuck
Axis
Aoudad

:)

I'll start, I'll say Axis. :whistle: :whistle:

Aoudad! I saw 2 monsters there in January! Never could get a shot on them.
100%!!!!! If we see one, we will definitely try to put it down. Fallow is also high on her list. However, they won't have horns & be all palmed out into the Fall.

What type of winter hunting do you offer ?
I have a contract in cactus, so im in your neck of the woods often. I have a fishing trip in alaska coming up in may. Then the normal take the wife to vegas in aug.
I might be able to do something this nov or so.
The fishing sounds great also , might just be interested in that ! Your hybrid tiger largemouth bass sounds like a great meal !!!

I have a contract in cactus, so im in your neck of the woods often. I have a fishing trip in alaska coming up in may. Then the normal take the wife to vegas in aug.
The fishing sounds great also , might just be interested in that ! Your hybrid tiger largemouth bass sounds like a great meal !!!
Hello, we have a whole many animals available during November. Everything form whitetail to ibex to elk and everything in between. There is roughly 20 some odd species available in November and is probably the best month to hunt. Id be glad to visit with you if you are interested, feel free to call me or Id be glad to call you. We can also communicate via pm here or email. Thank you, Erik

Hello, we have a whole many animals available during November. Everything form whitetail to ibex to elk and everything in between. There is roughly 20 some odd species available in November and is probably the best month to hunt. Id be glad to visit with you if you are interested, feel free to call me or Id be glad to call you. We can also communicate via pm here or email. Thank you, Erik
Sending u a pm.

November is a really great time out there..... The heat is over & it is not brutally cold yet. Very pleasant & beautiful sunrise/sunsets. Plus comfortable evenings by the fire is a bonus!

November is a really great time out there..... The heat is over & it is not brutally cold yet. Very pleasant & beautiful sunrise/sunsets. Plus comfortable evenings by the fire is a bonus!
My thoughts exactly. I love an excuse to get away from the desert heat. My house in November is still quite warm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg