Starting the Tiny Ten

The Tiny Ten is one of my biggest personal Challenges. I am two down, eight to go... I am doing full mounts of all of them.

Klipspringer: 5" 1/8 - shot my my 375H&H (Solid bullet), Jan 2105
image.jpg

Grey Duiker: 6" 7/8 - shot with my PSE Omen, Rage Broadhead, April 2012
image.jpg

Klipspringer: 5" 1/8 - shot my my 375H&H (Solid bullet), Jan 2105

Now that's what I call "hunting for the future" :) LOL JK nice critters, that Duiker is insane!!!

Adriaan and Aarons Klipspringers are insane!

Sick klippies fellas! Wouldn't mind taking another about that size!

Sick klippies fellas! Wouldn't mind taking another about that size!

No joke!!! Definitely makes miss look small!!!

All of this talk of full body mounts has me reconsidering too.... right now I'm thinking of shoulder pedestal mounts for my kipper and grysbok, but I can still change my mind. ...

thanks guys! I appreciate it! I have the duiker full mounted at my grandpas house and I will have my mounts from 2013 back in the next month! both are full mounts! I don't think any other way is worth showing these little guys off! haha.,

^^^

That's what I'm afraid of! That I need full body mounts. If I get a steenbok this next trip I may do a shoulder pedestal with the klippies and grysbok and put them all together. I don't know that I have room for all ten full bodied.

Blue duiker and Dik-Dik, definitely full body!

^^^

That's what I'm afraid of! That I need full body mounts. If I get a steenbok this next trip I may do a shoulder pedestal with the klippies and grysbok and put them all together. I don't know that I have room for all ten full bodied.

Blue duiker and Dik-Dik, definitely full body!

hashhaha I know what you mean... that's why my duiker is at my grandpas! hahaha

And my wife is really weird about taxidermy..... meaning what she will and won't allow.

Hippo skull in the living room where we spend all of out time. No problem. And she actually told me that if I get a porcupine it must be full body mount and go in the kitchen.

But the Klipspringer in the living room??? If looks could kill.... And my buffalo? She thinks it looks great, in Africa.

Once you start, you cant stop. We have yet to find a hunter who has started his mini 10 who did not want to finish it. Here are some eye candy for you
Free Range Mini 10 common duiker.png
Free Range Mini 10 Duiker trophy.png
Free Range Mini 10 Hunting.png
Free Range Mini 10 Oribi.png
Free range Mini 10 Red Duiker.png
Free Range Mini 10 Steenbuck.png
Mini 10 dik dik hunting record.png
Mini 10 grand slam.png
Mini 10 Hunting .png
Mini 10 Hunting adventure.png
Mini 10 hunting duiker kzn.png
Mini 10 Mountain Reedbuck Hunting.png
Mini 10 Mountain reedbuck safari.png
Mini 10 mountain reedbuck.png
Mini 10 Oribi Free .png
Mini 10 south africa.png

Hi guys

I am almost back in the saddle. I arrived in Angola yesterday but that will be told later.
I found out today that my dream of hunting Suni and Blue Duiker is in reach. It will however take some time
before I do it but it's very high on my list.

Hi guys

I am almost back in the saddle. I arrived in Angola yesterday but that will be told later.
I found out today that my dream of hunting Suni and Blue Duiker is in reach. It will however take some time
before I do it but it's very high on my list.

AWESOME!!!

Can't wait to hear details around the new adventure!

I was able to check three more off my list back in June.

441_zpsfd67de0e.jpg

299_zps40097dc7.jpg

165_zps3c4db6bb.jpg

Attachments

• 441_zpsfd67de0e.jpg
    441_zpsfd67de0e.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 165_zps3c4db6bb.jpg
    165_zps3c4db6bb.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 299_zps40097dc7.jpg
    299_zps40097dc7.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 137
From a previous trip:
DSCN0689.jpg

And some count the mountain reedbuck within the Tiny Ten, which I'm not, but here is a picture anyway.
DSCN0691.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0691.jpg
    DSCN0691.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCN0689.jpg
    DSCN0689.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 120
Way cool photos.

Graybird, the quality of your trophies is outstanding. Congratulations.

Sounds like everyone has a great time hunting these little guys!

Ian, thanks for the compliments!

Every one of those animals would make it into Rowland Ward. It speaks volumes to the commitment and patience of both the Outfitter and Client to pass on the younger animals saving them for another day.

Once you start, you can't stop chasing the little guys, it's truly a difficult challenge on foot.

Screenshot_20240212_103525_Gallery.jpg
IMG-20240211-WA0026.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross