SOUTH AFRICA: My First Kalahari Adventure

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
(This can be little boring,I'm not good with story's)Saturday,24 April I stood up 1:15 am.I got in the car with my family.We met up with our friends and we drove with 2 vans.We drove and stopped at Vryburg to eat some breakfast.We arrived about 16:00 in the Kalahari.Kalahari Lion Safari's has a beautiful Lodge.The next day we sighted the rifles in and started hunting.We first started hunting a lioness (one of our friends wanted to hunt one.)We got her that day after lot of effort.Then we started looking for Kudu and Gemsbok.Unfortnatly we were not successful.Monday we tried again and we got a "56 1/2" Kudu.We still didn't get a Gemsbok.We had a nice braai that night.We got up 5:45 the next morning.We ate breakfast and went to the hunting grounds.We saw lot's of Gemsbok.We finally got one that had such thick horn's, that we thought it was a bull,but when we came there it was a cow.Later that day we got nothing more.The next morning it was the same thing all over again.One of our friends got a warthog. That afternoon I finally got my red lechwe.He knew we were after him and just kept on running.When he finally stopped I got a shot in him.He fell down and I was overjoyed. The next day was a little boring, because we didn't see much.After lunch we headed out again,then we saw a little herd of black and copper Springbok.I took a black Springbok ram.Well.....then the safari came to an end.It was wonderful!

20210428_153648.jpeg
20210428_193747.jpeg
IMG_20210427_133902.jpeg
20210427_174928.jpeg
IMG_20210427_133641.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Excellent lechwe. Congrats on your hunt. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Great Lechwe, congratulations, thanks for posting

shootist~

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member, USPSA Certified Range Officer (inactive), NRA Certified Instructor (inactive)
Hunted
USA, Mexico
Wow. Very nice and you have good reason to be proud.
Thanks for sharing.

AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
Sounds like you and your friends had a nice trip and hunted some great animals. Time in the bush with friends and family is priceless.

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
Very nice lechwe! Congrats on a great hunt and thank you for sharing.

buck wild

Silver supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo; Mexico; Texas
a BEAST for sure !

Uncle Sauce

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
GOA, RMGO, FRGC, SCI, DSC
Hunted
SA: Eastern Cape, US: ID, MT, NY, OR, VA, WA, WY
Beautiful lechwe - Thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Williamapecy

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?