SOUTH AFRICA: My First Kalahari Adventure

little huntress

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
(This can be little boring,I'm not good with story's)Saturday,24 April I stood up 1:15 am.I got in the car with my family.We met up with our friends and we drove with 2 vans.We drove and stopped at Vryburg to eat some breakfast.We arrived about 16:00 in the Kalahari.Kalahari Lion Safari's has a beautiful Lodge.The next day we sighted the rifles in and started hunting.We first started hunting a lioness (one of our friends wanted to hunt one.)We got her that day after lot of effort.Then we started looking for Kudu and Gemsbok.Unfortnatly we were not successful.Monday we tried again and we got a "56 1/2" Kudu.We still didn't get a Gemsbok.We had a nice braai that night.We got up 5:45 the next morning.We ate breakfast and went to the hunting grounds.We saw lot's of Gemsbok.We finally got one that had such thick horn's, that we thought it was a bull,but when we came there it was a cow.Later that day we got nothing more.The next morning it was the same thing all over again.One of our friends got a warthog. That afternoon I finally got my red lechwe.He knew we were after him and just kept on running.When he finally stopped I got a shot in him.He fell down and I was overjoyed. The next day was a little boring, because we didn't see much.After lunch we headed out again,then we saw a little herd of black and copper Springbok.I took a black Springbok ram.Well.....then the safari came to an end.It was wonderful!

20210428_153648.jpeg
20210428_193747.jpeg
IMG_20210427_133902.jpeg
20210427_174928.jpeg
IMG_20210427_133641.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent lechwe. Congrats on your hunt. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

Great Lechwe, congratulations, thanks for posting

Wow. Very nice and you have good reason to be proud.
Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like you and your friends had a nice trip and hunted some great animals. Time in the bush with friends and family is priceless.

Very nice lechwe! Congrats on a great hunt and thank you for sharing.

a BEAST for sure !

Beautiful lechwe - Thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaniaMorfo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!