SOUTH AFRICA: Hunt With KMG Safari's At Mpunzi Lodge

SkunkMonkey14

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
Hunting Africa has always been a dream since I began hunting. Never would have thought that I would get that chance but I finally got to go. We spent 4 1/2 years planning our trip and after looking at safari companies in Namibia and South Africa and contacting several we ended up going with KMG Safari's. Best decision of my life! There were many pro's and con's listed when trying to schedule our safari and KMG had no con's. They fit every need that we set.

On our first day arriving at Mpunzi Lodge we found that the accommodations were simply beautiful. Viewed fantastic South African sunrises and sunsets everyday from our lodge. Truly we were made to feel like we were at home and a member of the KMG family from the first day. That alone made you feel relaxed that you made the right decision in safari company.

My rifle was lost at Atlanta and did not arrive in Johannesburg with me. The next day we flew to Port Elizabeth and then drove to camp. The airport called Kim, when my rifle arrived, and she drove to Port Elizabeth and delivered it to me 2 hours away at camp. Thank you so much Kim.

Marius and Kim were easily some of the best people I have ever meet and you will quickly realize that they will be friends for the rest of your lives. Our PH Martin was fun to be around and made great decisions on the order of our animals. All the PH's and staff that work for KMG and Mpunzi tried to fulfill any request that you made.

I knew before I left for Africa that I wanted to go for a 2nd time at some point and now I want to get back as quickly as possible. Truly was an amazing trip to South Africa and I can not give enough thanks to Marius, Kim, Martin, Graham and Louw. The only negative is that I feel like I gained 10 pounds while I was there. Thanks Nicole. In all seriousness the food was fantastic and Nicole is an amazing cook and is always there when you need anything.

If you want a 5 star recommendation on where to go then the answer is only South Africa with KMG Safari's.

Thank you again KMG for letting me live out such a huge point of my life with you. I will be returning.

IMG_2950.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG
image4.JPG
image5.JPG
image6.JPG
image7.JPG
image8.JPG
IMG_2922.JPG

You bring back some great memories from just over two months ago!

KMG folks are fantastic and it looks like you had a great time with some very nice trophies.

Thank You for sharing!

Edge

KMG is amazing!! Marius is fantastic and knows how to hunt and run a safari!!

I'm surprised the airport allowed Kim to retrieve your weapon; When they came to the States, the airline lost their luggage and a few days later I had to take Kim to retrieve their baggage - the company would not release it to me.

Maybe it's an American thing??

Glad you enjoyed your hunt. Now that its' over you can begin planning future hunts. The cycle never ends! LOL

Welcome aboard @SkunkMonkey14 !

Congrats on the hunt and thanks for sharing!

Love that Kudu. If you ave the time some stories of the stalks and hunt would be welcome. Congrats Bruce

Hunting Africa has always been a dream since I began hunting. Never would have thought that I would get that chance but I finally got to go. We spent 4 1/2 years planning our trip and after looking at safari companies in Namibia and South Africa and contacting several we ended up going with KMG Safari's. Best decision of my life! There were many pro's and con's listed when trying to schedule our safari and KMG had no con's. They fit every need that we set.

On our first day arriving at Mpunzi Lodge we found that the accommodations were simply beautiful. Viewed fantastic South African sunrises and sunsets everyday from our lodge. Truly we were made to feel like we were at home and a member of the KMG family from the first day. That alone made you feel relaxed that you made the right decision in safari company.

My rifle was lost at Atlanta and did not arrive in Johannesburg with me. The next day we flew to Port Elizabeth and then drove to camp. The airport called Kim, when my rifle arrived, and she drove to Port Elizabeth and delivered it to me 2 hours away at camp. Thank you so much Kim.

Marius and Kim were easily some of the best people I have ever meet and you will quickly realize that they will be friends for the rest of your lives. Our PH Martin was fun to be around and made great decisions on the order of our animals. All the PH's and staff that work for KMG and Mpunzi tried to fulfill any request that you made.

I knew before I left for Africa that I wanted to go for a 2nd time at some point and now I want to get back as quickly as possible. Truly was an amazing trip to South Africa and I can not give enough thanks to Marius, Kim, Martin, Graham and Louw. The only negative is that I feel like I gained 10 pounds while I was there. Thanks Nicole. In all seriousness the food was fantastic and Nicole is an amazing cook and is always there when you need anything.

If you want a 5 star recommendation on where to go then the answer is only South Africa with KMG Safari's.

Thank you again KMG for letting me live out such a huge point of my life with you. I will be returning.

View attachment 198889 View attachment 198890 View attachment 198891 View attachment 198892 View attachment 198893 View attachment 198894 View attachment 198895 View attachment 198896 View attachment 198897

I too am interested in how your rifle was forwarded and retrieved by the outfitter. Were you flying Delta--Jberg or did you go through europe?

Welcome to AH.

Congratulations on your hunt.

Congrats on some great trophies...that kudu is awesome! All these KMG hunt reports are making it really hard to wait a year for my hunt!

Welcome to AH, and congrats on your hunt, very nice trophies !

@SkunkMonkey14 , some fine looking animals! It was a pleasure meeting you in camp and sharing a cold one!

Congratulations sir. Some really nice trophies. I ll be there in 7 day's.

Thanks for the report. If you have time it would be good to get some hunt details. It keeps adics like myself somewhat sane.

Good stuff!

KMG does a real good job, have to be close to 35+ reports now of satisfied clients on here?
And more coming judging from past clients.

Congrats! Looks like you guys had a great time.

And more coming judging from past clients.

Ive been back for not quite 3 months and I'm jealous your going soon... Do you need a hunting buddy??

All this KMG talk is making me feel AFRICA homesick...

It certainly looks like you had a grand time! Some fine trophies!
Glad to have you aboard AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg