SOUTH AFRICA: First Time Safari With Grandfather At Ditholo Safaris

Thanks for a great report! If I gave you their address would you tell my grand children how great it is to take grandpa?!!! Great animals. Great experience!! Your friend, Brian

Well done and thanks for sharing your experience.

You are a good grandson!
Excellent narrative of a grand first Africa adventure! Thanks for taking us along!

Congratulations on a great hunt with your grandfather. Family hunts are the best!

I had a similar experience as your Barnes. On my first trip I shot the Kudu in my avatar at a strong quartering to me shot and hit right on the point of his shoulder. It smeared the tip closed and the bullet tumbled, coming to rest in his off side flank. Penetrated heart and lungs and he only went about 30 yards. But it sure wasn't what I expected when we recovered the bullet.
View attachment 432980
165 grain Barnes TSX- 300WSM
Left is from my Kudu; Right is perfect performance recovered from my Blue Wildebeest.
Neither animal went 30 yards.
It was completely unexpected for me as well. The only two bullets that weren’t pass through were the zebra and blue wildebeest. Looks similar to your pictures

Thanks for the follow up the bullet performance!

993EF67C-2A1E-404B-9154-96C943A570D0.jpeg

Did yall have any issues with the Magellan shirts and being hot ironed I planned on using them for my up coming trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg