SOUTH AFRICA: Finally My Own Buffalo!!!

Ridgewalker, you won't be dissapointed if you do it in the right area and quota or tags allow it.
Thanks

Congrats, nice old Cape buffalo!

Congratulations

Nicely done sir!

Nice buffalo!!

How big a concession were you hunting in?

Nice buffalo!!

How big a concession were you hunting in?
Its not such a big area but thick Mopane bushveld, farm is 2500 acres and hunt done on foot when finding fresh track or spotted and plans made to get the wind correct.

I was there over easter and came back empty handed as with the drought the cows calved very late. We just could'nt positevily indentify a cow that was dry and shootable so me and my friend decided to come back later this year my friend still has to go back. I'ts not free range buffalo but they do what they want like they wopould in a free range area and you can make the hunt as difficult as you want by deciding to walk from camp and start looking for a herd.

Photo of the Woodleigh HD bullet from the bufallo and damage it did to the pipes above the heart and lungs.
Gives you a good idea why she only managaed 25 metres after the shot and did not bellow.
I have 2 silimar looking bullets out fof blue wildebeest hunted in March and I'm very happy with these bullets.
Lot of damage and energy tranfer as they didnt exit and they each stop folding back at the cannelure.

20190809_105341.jpg

20190809_105341.jpg
20190809_162140.jpg

IMG-20190809-WA0046.jpg

20190809_094637.jpg

My original Musgrave K98 375 H&H

20190808_163349.jpg

Youngish cow eyeing us out to the right is another 8 buffalo if you can believe it. The Mopane is at certain areas extremely thick.

20190808_171942.jpg

End of another perfect day in Africa.

Nice! Congratulations! Now, go get that big old bull.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross