SOUTH AFRICA: BOWHUNT: South Africa Hunt With Limcroma Safaris

Matrix

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Limpopo, Canada, Virginia, USA, Ohio, USA, North Carolina, USA, South Carolina, USA
My wife and I just got back from our first trip to South Africa and hunting with Limcroma Safaris. I have heard innumerable times the praise that Limcroma receives. I can now say that they were all right on the money. Hannes Els has a first class operation in every aspect, from the accommodations to all of the staff and PHs. Each and every one of them go out of the way to make you feel not only welcome, but like you were at home.
I found out just how far they will go for you right out of the gate when sadly I arrived in Johannesburg, but my bow case and luggage did not!
Limcroma took charge and handled everything to ensure that I received my bow as quickly as possible. While I got in on Monday my equipment did not arrive until Wednesday afternoon. Fortunately, I only missed Monday afternoon's hunt due to the extra effort of my PH Jan.
Jan was able to find through one his friends a bow that I could use while we waited for mine to arrive. I was skeptical at first, but we went to his friend's house for me to look it over and to my surprise it was my draw length and the poundage was right. I went about setting it up for me with what they had around the house?.I went through a quick tuning and sight in session and then we were off hunting.
From there on everything started to fall in place?we were quickly into game and the borrowed bow worked out well with me getting a beautiful Impala ram?to say I was a little more at ease is an understatement?.I didn't have my bow but I was hunting and we found out that evening that my bow was on its way and I would have it by Wednesday afternoon.
All of my equipment was finally in camp Wednesday evening, and I wasted no time in getting it out and inspecting it to make sure everything was ok with it after the long trip.
The week just continued to get better and better with me taking a great Kudu on Thursday and following that up on Saturday with a beautiful Gemsbok and Zebra.
The Africa experience is unlike any other, the country, the people and the diversity of game available is incredible. The overall value of the hunt is unmatched for what you get not only in cost but on the experience as well.
I've always dreamed of bow hunting Africa and thought this would be my once in a life time trip.....what it turned out to be instead though was our åirst trip over as we are already planning for our return trip.

4010 (3564 x 2376).jpgIMG_0857.jpgIMG_0900.jpgIMG_0933.jpg
IMG_0990.jpg
IMG_1340.jpgIMG_4027 (2376 x 1584).jpgIMGP0366.jpgIMG_0990.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always dreamed of bow hunting Africa and thought this would be my once in a life time trip.....what it turned out to be instead though was our åirst trip over as we are already planning for our return trip.

i had to laugh when i read that, as most on here know thats what would happen once you had been. good to hear you had a good hunt and they really looked after you and helped with sorting your bow problem out, so nice one to hannes as well, :beer:

Matrix,

Those are fantastic trophies! Your photos are also exceptional...

How about we plan to meet at Limcroma in 2015... I'm going back for my buffalo with a bow and Lisa wants a lioness...Maybe we will have more time to hang out then....I want you for my photographer...

Congrats on an awesome hunt!

Welcome to AH. Great first post. Thanks for the pictures and hunting report

I was expecting to see DOCS Wildebeest coming out of the yellow sunset picture.

Congrats on your hunt. Always great when the outfit sets you up to make sure your hunt is not ruined.

Great effort.

Welcome to AH.

What a great adventure you experienced. The extra effort to set you up with a bow is special. Your pictures are stunning. Good job.

Thanks for the compliments guys. An Africa hunt is something special anyway but this one had some extra excitement to it and yes I cant say enough about the extra effort that was made to be sure my hunt wasn't ruined by something out of my control.

Dan, that sounds like an excellent plan, We hope to be going back in 2015 or 2016 at the latest....maybe we will wind up in camp together this time.

Thank you for sharing your hunt report and pictures with us!

Congrats on a great hunt! Nothing but good reports on Hannes and Lincroma. Well done!

Welcome to AH Matrix! Glad everything turned out ok on your Once in a Life time Safari and you will learn on your next trip they are all Once in a life time trips as no two hunts are the same and every one of them will be etched in your memory forever. Great pics and Fantastic Trophies.

Congrats on a great hunt and very good trophies.

Thanks for sharing your very good pics !

gday matrix welcome to the site
thanks for showing us your great pix
l really like the bold markings on your zebra and shape of your handsome kudu
you were in good and helpful hands with your outfitter/ph
that's great the way they rustled you up a loaner bow mate
:beer:

Thanks Bob...You are right about that. At first I never thought I would get to hunt Africa....now I cant imagine not going back!

Thank You bluey....Yes I really loved the Zebra it turned out to be one of my favorites.
I could not have asked for more from my PH....he turned an otherwise bad situation into a successful hunt.

gday matrix welcome to the site
thanks for showing us your great pix
l really like the bold markings on your zebra and shape of your handsome kudu
you were in good and helpful hands with your outfitter/ph
that's great the way they rustled you up a loaner bow mate
:beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg