SOUTH AFRICA: BOWHUNT: Buffalo & Plains Game Rifle/Bowhunting With Limpopo Big Game Safaris In January 2021 RSA

Ryan

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Black Sheep Bowmen Archery Club.
Hunted
Namibia and South Africa
That sounded like a great hunt and very nice animals!

Did the 300gr Peregrine stay in the Buffalo? They really expand and wouldn’t be surprise. I used the 300 gr on a Buff and Zebra in 2018, great performance.

Curious if you shot the light rifle since you’ve returned and if it was “on“ or possibly something other than H414.

Appreciate you taking the time to put together a detailed report with lots of pictures!

I too was hoping to see the bullet, the skinner went looking for it but couldn't find it. All he found was the little plunger.

I have not shot the light rifle since, I'm just as curious. On the bright side, I actually have a couple pounds of Varget, which is known to be temperature stable to work up a new load.

Edge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
PA, NM, ND, Al, FL, MD, Eastern Cape South Africa, Zimbabwe x 2
I too was hoping to see the bullet, the skinner went looking for it but couldn't find it. All he found was the little plunger.

I have not shot the light rifle since, I'm just as curious. On the bright side, I actually have a couple pounds of Varget, which is known to be temperature stable to work up a new load.
Varget should work well with the 150 Barnes.

jacques smith

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Ryan—- nicely done on all hunting. Great write up and pictures—- thank you

gesch

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sheboygan Rifle and Pistol Club NRA
Hunted
WI, WY, AL, TN, KY, Namibia (x2)
WOW! An absolutely grand trip! Good for you making it happen! Not sure I am still tenacious enough to go through all that.

On the steenbok, this is what we all should hope for. But, as you said, they can tend to move at just the wrong time. A fine looking trophy! One is still on my list.

Thanks so much for sharing such a grand adventure! I needed this!
Exactly. It is great to hear of a trip that took place. Thank you. Your friend, Brian

Mwag

Reaction score
Great report, thanks for sharing. Congrats on fine looking critters.
I am leaving for RSA in 3 weeks, Delta/KLM as well. I know broadheads are a big no-no in Netherlands, did they give you any problems with knives/leatherman? Did you have them listed on consent form prior to trip?

Ryan

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Black Sheep Bowmen Archery Club.
Hunted
Namibia and South Africa
Great report, thanks for sharing. Congrats on fine looking critters.
I am leaving for RSA in 3 weeks, Delta/KLM as well. I know broadheads are a big no-no in Netherlands, did they give you any problems with knives/leatherman? Did you have them listed on consent form prior to trip?
I didn't list my pocket knives or Leatherman and nothing was ever said about them through Amsterdam or Paris. They were of course locked in my luggage. I seem to recall looking up knives for Netherlands and what I mostly found was about what could or couldn't be carried. Since they were in my luggage, not on me, and the ones I had are pretty basic pocket knives I didn't think much about declaring them.

Mwag

Reaction score
Thanks for info,
Preparing to go, with things changing daily, not counting on anything until plane is on the ground in RSA

WMU05

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life
Fantastic report! Great writing and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ToryBrumba

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.