SOUTH AFRICA: Beware Motshwere Safaris & Outfitters

I am about to rant here so I apologize in advance.

You know what makes me mad, is not when a new member complains but when a new member joins to rebute the complaint. Obviously this done by the outfitter or could be the outfitter. Why doesn't the outfitter just reply and be done with it. We don't need a bunch of new members saying how their hunt was rainbows and gum drops without a comment from the outfitter.

If the outfitter replies and then get a bunch of guys to back him, fine whatever. However, you even knew the person making the complaint, saw them at the show and didn't talk to them. The fact you can spot his clients by their face at a huge show seems odd to me. Did you sell him the hunt in a previous year, is that how you knew his face? Since his hunts sell themselves when you are working in his both I guess you don't get compensated with cheaper trophy fees? You wouldn't happen to have a business interest in posting a rebuttal?

Something does seem odd. Rant over.

Hey sbox-

I just looked up the 3 animals you posted and I remember you quite well from 2014 when I booked the hunt. I don't know if you remember but I came by several times to chat until you got a bit annoyed I wasn't signing up. It was early on in the show and up to that point I don't think you had sold many safaris. I did end up booking with Werner in spite of how you were acting.

If I remember correctly you told me you were the one that convinced Werner to come to the SLC show and it was your and your buddies trophies on display. I remember the neat carvings you had someone do in the tusks from your warthog It has sure worked out well for Werner so I'm sure he appreciates that you got him to come. Your "testimonial" on behalf of Motshwere makes me wonder what you get out of this help.

Regardless- my issue on this message is not with Werner. I am cautiously optimistic Werner will take care of my issue IF some of my trophies have been damaged in the 2.5 years I've been waiting for them to come. Hopefully it's as upfront as it appears and not like the other fellow on here that got invited back and then upsold. At this point, I don't have a problem there. I do have a problem with it taking 2.5 years....

And I'll admit I have a big problem with how you are attempting to discredit Mr. Courville in your post above. To share your story and your great experience is one thing and, appropriate, even if you only get on here once every 3 years when Motshwere is under attack (I read your other post a few years ago when Motshwere was getting blasted... I think it was on this site... where you stuck up for him).

What is inappropriate and offensive (and can I say "more than odd"), at least to me, is your comments about Mr. Courville being seen by you on 5 different occasions hiding and slinking around your booth, watching, hiding, but too afraid to come address his problem.

If someone painted me as a coward on a public forum I would take serious offense. Probably enough to look you up. So to keep things on the up and up can I suggest you stick to facts and not apply intent to what you think you see?

Last edited:
You know what makes me mad, is not when a new member complains but when a new member joins to rebute the complaint.

Just for clarity @sbox has been a member since 2012 and posted about Motshwere in 2015.

That being said, it is certainly curious that a random customer would notice another client hiding in the crowd and then know them by name. :A Popcorn:

been there done that with motshwere back in 2014 . great hunt just went south at the end when it came to his money.

Can we get a moderator to cut the crap on this thread? Attention is being deflected from the original hunt report by useless bickering.
Either the outfitter gets on here to represent their side of the story or we're left to believe said hunt report.
No need for third parties or hearsay from outside groups.

50by50,
Sorry I'm not that guy. Werner has been coming to SLC show since I believe 2008 but not sure.

So you need to be aware of your facts before you put me in your equation . I didn't book with Werner until 2013.

Royal 27. I know Mr Courville since my wife and I talked to him and his wife at Werners booth the year I booked to see how their hunt was. And then the next year as well, so I know who he is.

Can we get a moderator to cut the crap on this thread? Attention is being deflected from the original hunt report by useless bickering.
Either the outfitter gets on here to represent their side of the story or we're left to believe said hunt report.
No need for third parties or hearsay from outside groups.

Hey Lrntolive-

I can understand your concern but Sometimes letting things go a bit helps to get clarification. Take Sivie for example. Sivie followed this thread without speaking up until now. The question and point of this thread is to determine if motshwere is a company that will take advantage of hunters. Putting down a little contention immediately keeps people from feeling like they can speak up. At least that's how I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
50by50,
Sorry I'm not that guy. Werner has been coming to SLC show since I believe 2008 but not sure.

So you need to be aware of your facts before you put me in your equation . I didn't book with Werner until 2013.

Hey sbox. I stand corrected. You are the guy I've seen at the booth but apparently you aren't the one that got Werner to start coming. My point still stands...

........... Putting down a little contention immediately keeps people from feeling like they can speak up. .....

............ Why doesn't the outfitter just reply and be done with it. .......... The fact you can spot his clients by their face at a huge show seems odd to me. Did you sell him the hunt in a previous year, is that how you knew his face? .............

Thinking and making astute observations about patterns and using the tools available on this site is something I enjoy about the members of AH.

............ .
About says it all.

I'm not sure what happened on Mr Courville's hunt ..........

So you need to be aware of your facts before you ........... . .

Pots and Kettles.

The fact that your hunt left you pleased does not detract or change the fact that THERE ARE OBVIOUSLY ISSUES that need to be addressed by the Outfitter with other clients.

@Motshwere Safaris is a member of AH.

I will of course PM them and make them aware of the thread. However, it may be helpful if
you
I will of course PM them and make them aware of the thread. @sbox You can help out and have Werner post a reply since you likely have his current email address.
Thanks for your help.

PM SENT

(Deep post for my 15,000th on AH) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now I remember where I've heard the name before.

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/south-africa-motshwere-safaris-in-limpopo.23980/

Well, at least we know that Werner is most likely reading the feedback.

Good find @Royal27
The thread you referenced above is some four pages long and illuminates several other poor experiences with this outfitter. Everyone should read it. You lambasted the outfitter pretty good and rightly so. It also seems there were concerns then that people joined up just to say that they had a good experience with the outfitter.
I do realize that in this most recent thread @sbox has been a member for several years but definitely doesn't post much. It also seems that some of the unhappy clients in that post came out of Salt Lake.
This outfitter threatened to hold the clients trophies hostage in that thread and jacked the final bill up.

Something we have noted in some other recent threads is that unflattering news about an outfitter stays around for a long time. This one is not looking good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg