Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Life Member, NRA Life member, NAHC Life member, Oregon Hunter Ass'n
Hunted
USA, RSA,Zimbabwe,Canada
I returned to Hartzview Safaris on the 10th of September this year. Last year I had a superb 11 day hunt, and was extremely pleased with Jacques and his staff, and I had an excellent Safari. My review is in the records on the 11th of October 2011. I told Jacques I wanted to return this year to have another hunt with the bag including Cape Buffalo, Sable, Red Lechwe, Black Springbok, Copper Springbok, and another animal.

My wife and I arrived in Kimberly on the 12th, and were met at the airport by Hannes Pienaar, who filmed my hunt last year. His video and pictures were OUTSTANDING, and I wanted him to film this Safari also.

We arrived at the camp, and checked the rifles at the range, and renewed connections with Jacques outstanding staff. Because of weather conditions approaching Dulles, we were two days late, and Jacques said we would concentrate of the Cape Buffalo first, and he thought we could complete our hunt on the original schedule, or we could add two days on the end for the anticipated ten day hunt.

The next three days we hunted for Cape Buffalo the old fashioned way...entering the bush, cutting tracks, and stalking the animals. At one time we were within yards of a Dagga Boy, but the thornbush was very thick and the tracking continued. I was able to get a clear shot on the 15th, and the bull dropped from a single shot through the heart from my 416 Ruger. I consider that hunt the absolute BEST hunt I have ever experienced in my life. The bull is an old Dagga Boy with a hard boss, and massive in size. The width of the horns is 41". Jacques and his trackers were superb, and the hunt was the definition of "fair chase." I cannot think of anything that would have made this hunt any better...Jacques and Hartzview gave me the hunt of a lifetime...AGAIN!

The next five days we harvested a Copper Springbok and Black Springbok (completing my Springbok "slam"), A VERY fine Sable, a big Red Lechwe, and then a fine Black Wildebeest (completing the Black and Blue Wildebeest bag). Again, Jacques did an outstanding job of getting me within range of excellent trophies.

We were able to collect our bag within the 8 days we had left, and Jacques refunded the two days we missed because of air 100_0717.jpg100_0733.jpg100_0739.jpg100_0760.jpg100_0784.jpg100_0796.jpgplane delays...another example of his commitment to his clients. I cannot overstate my satisfaction with Hartzview Safaris. The Staff is outstanding, the food is beyond belief, the trackers can track animals under the most challenging conditions, and Jacques is an OUTSTANDING PH in his actions and and ability to get his clients within range of the best animals.

Hannes Pienaar did the filming, and I highly recommend him...the cost is very reasonable, and the DVD will be watched for years to come.

I am now talking with Jacques about an Elephant hunt next year...plus a Bushbuck and, perhaps a few more plains game. He has demonstrated a high level of knowledge about his craft, and really helps the client at all stages of the hunt. I have now hunted with him for two years, and I highly recommend him to others who wish to have the hunting experience of their life!

I have attached photographs of my hunt. It was a great hunt with great people!

Congrats, I really like your Copper Springbok and Sable.

Thank you for your hunt report and sharing your trophies!

Congrats on your Buffalo.
Sounds like you had too much fun, again.

Nice buff/sable:cool:

Nice group of animalsn taken.The ranch and jacques hunting knowlegde can not be bet.

Congrats on your great hunt, love the buff, other trophies are also very good.

Thanks for sharing !

You gotta love Jacques, he's very professional. That cape buffalo is really huge. All the animals are mature and VERY BIG. Nice pictures.

enysse

Thank you. Jacques does a great job as PH! He works hard to find mature trophy animals, and gets you in range. You can't ask for anything more!

Nice trophies. Congrats!!

RickB
Thank you! African Safaris are becoming a memorable part of my life!

Nyati

You are very welcome. Always dreamed of getting a Cape Buffalo...a dream come true.

BRICKBURN

Thank you. I look forward to each Safari!

Awesome hunt. Sounds like your hooked.... When is your next hunt? I have a plan of action in 2014, the biggest, baddest Blue Wildebeest and a giant Gemsbok are on the menu.

35bore
Waiting for info from Jacques about a NE South Africa Elephant hunt for next year. Would also like to take a Bushbuck to add to my spiral horn animals. I hope to make a leopard hunt in 2014.

Diamondhitch
Thank you. The Sable was better than I had hoped for, and I think the Copper Springbok is the most beautiful of the species.

Jerome Philippe
Thank you for such a great forum to communicate with others with like interests!

GSTONE Congrats on a great hunt and fine trophies that Black Wildebeest is Awesome as well as the Dagga Boy thanks for sharing your hunt and great pics.

Bobpuckett
Thank you. Another great year with Jacques and Hartzview! Maybe elephant next year!

GSTONE - thanks for posting your hunt report and photos - another great safari!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois