SOUTH AFRICA: 10 Days With JKO HUNTING SAFARIS

What a fantastic bag so far. Good shooting!

Day 5
Stalking a group common springbok with a strong wind in our face we came up on this duiker feeding. Jacques quickly judged him and we had the first of our tiny ten.

779F9EF6-18B0-44C4-8F73-8C14B3D8546A.jpeg

We finished the day with a white and cooper springbok. Longer shots seemed to be the norm with most shots being over 200 yards.

82CDA948-A24E-4548-B056-6CD643FF6308.jpeg

57E7ED6F-D69B-49F7-B606-B555993A2D44.jpeg

Day 6
While looking for a common springbok to complete our slam we found a nice blesbok in a group of springbok. He gave me a broadside shot at 160 yards and I was able to make a solid shot. The barnes 180 grain ttsx did its job.

502B0396-2D45-425A-A840-F5F4744566FB.jpeg

The common springbok which we thought was going to be the easiest to take, ended up being the toughest. The bigger rams were in larger herds which kept busting us on stalk after stalk. We eventually found a ram in a smaller group that spotted us. Afraid the the ram would run I rushed the shot at 160 yards that resulted in a clean miss. The wheels continued to fall off the bus with my shooting with me missing two more common springboks at 213 and 230 yards before eventually taking this ram late in the afternoon at 210 yards.
E2B3E9EA-735B-4ED8-AF8D-9F449B1D43C5.jpeg

With our spingbok slam completed we drove back to Red Sands Safari Lodge.

Day 7
With an upcoming hunt in Uganda Jacques asked if he could leave us early to spend time with his family. Having spent time earlier in the safari with PH Dewyk Vorster we had no concerns with Jacques leaving us in his capable hands.
It did not take long and Dewyk put me on this nice nyala along the river. After missing the springbok the previous day I was happy with a well placed shot.
80C0151A-1F89-45A1-AB07-D35F4A9E9A0A.jpeg

After dropping off my nyala at the skinning shed Dewyk put my wife on this nice stallion.
690DDF31-8204-44C9-86B9-A2244390F416.jpeg

Day 8
First thing in the morning my wife took this impala at 220 yards.
1C8CE573-AC86-445B-9B6C-E333C9D8A117.jpeg

After lunch Dewyk took us for a nice boat ride along the Setlagole River where I regrettingly passed on a very nice waterbuck. We spend the remainder of the day looking for a proper golden wildebeest.

Day 9
After seeing my wife’s Kudu, I knew I wanted one also. I set the bar high for Dewyk and he did not disappoint. I was fortunate enough to take this 57” kudu at 183 yards.
7D21599C-F99C-4E82-B77A-ED82D43CF7B7.jpeg

DC4AC612-706C-482E-A27C-2501D5DD3B00.jpeg

We spent the remainder of the day looking for a golden wildebeest and steenbuck.

Day 10
First thing in the morning Dewyk took us to his hot spot for steenbucks. After most of them seeing us before we saw them my wife was able to take this steenbuck. The second of the tiny ten quest.
AC12BCA5-5F35-47DD-9AB0-614FBE745BDE.jpeg

Slammer Kudu!

You guys had a hell of a trip!!! Congratulations and even with a few misses on Springbuck seems like you both shot really well!

Great Kudu! Very few hunters would turn a 57” bull down.

@FL Will you guys had a super hunt. Great write up. We met along the road while you were transiting to and we were leaving Red Sands. We also had a fantastic hunt and I can’t say enough about Red Sands and Jacques JKO Safaris. I have yet to do my report though I did complete a nice ShutterFly book to give to my boys who joined me. We are busy planning our next African adventure. Since you’re in Central Florida we should meet up for a beer or three.
Ed

Wow! What an incredible Safari for you and your wife. That is a very full bag and some beautiful trophies to boot.

HH

Looks like a great time! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Thats a great Kudu. Seems like you had an excellent safari. Congrats
Bruce

Hell of a hunt! Congrats on some really great trophies. I've hunted with both JKO and KMG. I will be hunting with KMG again in June and I hope to hunt again with JKO the following year. I just need to decide what to hunt and where. Both are absolutely top notch outfits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErrolKish0

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.