Beautiful trophies, awesome hunt. Forrest

CBH Australia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
I have been in touch with Wik regarding a cull hunt advising I just want to hunt Africa for the experience, photos and memories He’s made me nice offer with some variety and a day in Addo Elephant Park.
I’m working dates around a 25th Wedding anniversary. I’m sure she will tell everyone we are planning to travel to Africa for the anniversary. But let’s be clear we are going to Africa to hunt We will go to the Elephant Park for our anniversary.

It’s Sunday and I am waiting to hear from Wik as to whether he can work with my ideal itinerary.

CBH Australia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
The fenced thing, does it matter? Hunting a Lion on more than 10,000 acres is still Hunting.
I work on a 56,000 acre Park. I worked on a 300,000 acre park and have been on numerous properties in Australia. We mainly fence for managing sheep and cattle, Australians are improving fence standards in places for various reasons. Goat management, pest exclusion, stock management mostly our huntable species are able to cross boundaries but they also inhabit habitat that they prefer.
These African animals are still roaming free and breeding. Breeding may be managed by selective culling or numbers maybe supplemented by introduced animals from breeders of livestock. The industry continues to make it sustainable by proper management by educated land managers in line with advice and approval from state departments or industry bodies that employ biologists and other suitably qualified people to research best practice. Just like Kangaroo processing in Australia, it’s managed as a sustainable industry.

K-man

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming

Firebird

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
Fences are an entirely personal issue and they don’t bother me at all-until they do. . . My brother killed a 200 inch mule deer within sight of a fence but clearly a wild animal in very wild country fence or not.
Ten days will be an awesome adventure and you picked a great place to go. One suggestion is book a full day or maybe an overnighted at “pumba” wildlife park. It’s closer by almost two hours than addo and not as many elephants but still full of animals and a fun way to spend the day. It’s just another option while you are there, wik can give you some other good options as well-very jealous, have a great trip!

Jeffrey Masters

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SA, Mexico, Lower 48, Alaska
The fences bothered me until I got there. We hunted farms that were HUGE, some larger than 100,000 acres, in the Limpopo. We hunted some that were smaller, around 16,000 acres. The fence never came into play in the hunt. I saw an Eland jump an 8 foot fence, and only clip the top two wires. These animals move pretty much at will, fence or not. Find an outfitter that has big concessions, and you will most likely never see the fence while you are hunting. Just go and enjoy!!!

Graham Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Alaska Canada US New Zealand Scotland South Africa Zimbabwe
Take a totally open area in Alberta or Saskatchewan ( low or no fence). Target a big whitetail. Bait or not! Then have some friends shoot some does or small Bucks. See what happens to your trophy. GONE!!! Big fenced areas that have hunting pressure are probably tougher.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Take a totally open area in Alberta or Saskatchewan ( low or no fence). Target a big whitetail. Bait or not! Then have some friends shoot some does or small Bucks. See what happens to your trophy. GONE!!! Big fenced areas that have hunting pressure are probably tougher.

If we are being serious about a big deer there are no extraneous shots. If you decide it’s Coyote hunting day, you may be walking home and will likely be finding new hunting partners. Big deer know that sound. They did not get big by being stupid.

flatwater bill

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MOZAMBIQUE,MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
I sure like your trophies............especially that first kudu, the waterbuck and the impala..........................well done...........thanks for the report...............FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Welugggeast

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J
Good morning friends

i‘ve taken to heart a suggestion to tell my story about a lion hunt 37 years ago. ‘I don’t know, but am thinking there are site rules as to posting and file type. Three of the four posts (chapters?) are done, I took time away from here to write up the story. I have a couple of photos too.

also, I’m going to dissemble the rifles and see if Butch may have signed them. I’ll let you know.