SOUTH AFRICA: 10 Day Plains Game Hunt With Game 4 Africa Safaris

Beautiful trophies, awesome hunt. Forrest

I have been in touch with Wik regarding a cull hunt advising I just want to hunt Africa for the experience, photos and memories He’s made me nice offer with some variety and a day in Addo Elephant Park.
I’m working dates around a 25th Wedding anniversary. I’m sure she will tell everyone we are planning to travel to Africa for the anniversary. But let’s be clear we are going to Africa to hunt We will go to the Elephant Park for our anniversary.

It’s Sunday and I am waiting to hear from Wik as to whether he can work with my ideal itinerary.

The fenced thing, does it matter? Hunting a Lion on more than 10,000 acres is still Hunting.
I work on a 56,000 acre Park. I worked on a 300,000 acre park and have been on numerous properties in Australia. We mainly fence for managing sheep and cattle, Australians are improving fence standards in places for various reasons. Goat management, pest exclusion, stock management mostly our huntable species are able to cross boundaries but they also inhabit habitat that they prefer.
These African animals are still roaming free and breeding. Breeding may be managed by selective culling or numbers maybe supplemented by introduced animals from breeders of livestock. The industry continues to make it sustainable by proper management by educated land managers in line with advice and approval from state departments or industry bodies that employ biologists and other suitably qualified people to research best practice. Just like Kangaroo processing in Australia, it’s managed as a sustainable industry.

Fences are an entirely personal issue and they don’t bother me at all-until they do. . . My brother killed a 200 inch mule deer within sight of a fence but clearly a wild animal in very wild country fence or not.
Ten days will be an awesome adventure and you picked a great place to go. One suggestion is book a full day or maybe an overnighted at “pumba” wildlife park. It’s closer by almost two hours than addo and not as many elephants but still full of animals and a fun way to spend the day. It’s just another option while you are there, wik can give you some other good options as well-very jealous, have a great trip!

The fences bothered me until I got there. We hunted farms that were HUGE, some larger than 100,000 acres, in the Limpopo. We hunted some that were smaller, around 16,000 acres. The fence never came into play in the hunt. I saw an Eland jump an 8 foot fence, and only clip the top two wires. These animals move pretty much at will, fence or not. Find an outfitter that has big concessions, and you will most likely never see the fence while you are hunting. Just go and enjoy!!!

Take a totally open area in Alberta or Saskatchewan ( low or no fence). Target a big whitetail. Bait or not! Then have some friends shoot some does or small Bucks. See what happens to your trophy. GONE!!! Big fenced areas that have hunting pressure are probably tougher.

Take a totally open area in Alberta or Saskatchewan ( low or no fence). Target a big whitetail. Bait or not! Then have some friends shoot some does or small Bucks. See what happens to your trophy. GONE!!! Big fenced areas that have hunting pressure are probably tougher.

If we are being serious about a big deer there are no extraneous shots. If you decide it’s Coyote hunting day, you may be walking home and will likely be finding new hunting partners. Big deer know that sound. They did not get big by being stupid.

I sure like your trophies............especially that first kudu, the waterbuck and the impala..........................well done...........thanks for the report...............FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg