Soonest/Safest return to South Africa?

Well end of May this year is not happening. We have rebooked for June 2021. Hope all is normal by then. I like having time to save up for the taking of another animal or three. Wonder what trophy fees are on giraffe? Might have to check that out.

@Mark Biggerstaff don’t you have a June hunt planned also?
I’m curious to know if others have called off June hunts yet??

Yes, I have a 14 day June 2020 trip with Bos en Dal Safaris. Gerrit and I Whatsapp regularly. We have taken the wait and see approach as of now. If lockdown is lifted and no restrictions for entry into RSA or reentry back into the States that prevent me from going I am going. A decision will be made about 10 days before June departure date we decided. Delta still has June flights scheduled and got email from them stating social distancing will be in place and middle row seats will be vacant

If I wanted a "Safe return to South Africa" I would not have booked a Cape Buffalo hunt with a Ruger No. 1-H
Ebola, West African Tic Bite Fever, Malaria and wounded Dugga Boys are knot part of my daily dull safe American life.
I booked an adventure and Danger is the price of admission..

for-believe-me.jpg

I'm going back the moment they'll let me in (June 2021)

I had to postpone the photo safari we had booked for next month, May, not sure when we'll get it done. And I went on a limb and booked a hunt in Botswana for June of 2021. Now, I have travel insurance for both, still waiting to see how that pans out for the photo safaris. The trip insurance on the Botswana trip includes Cancel For Any Reason and pays 75% . It will pay if canceled due to a pandemic, I confirmed that before paying today, and it states on their website the same.
Now as to when airlines start flying from the USA to Africa? I'd say the odds of figuring that out are probably about the same as us determining tonight who the Cowboys will pick in the 7th round, with their 231st pick, of the NFL draft next week. (n)

You can still get to Lusaka via Addis Ababa with ethiopian at the moment ... Just have to quarantine for two weeks at a government appointed place.... And not sure what that would be like.....and I think at your expense....:D

Seems to me several posters need to readjust their meds. Not sure accusations or rants are that helpful. Guess being cooped up has loosened some screws. Thanks to all for an interesting read. Be safe. This too will pass

Well end of May this year is not happening. We have rebooked for June 2021. Hope all is normal by then. I like having time to save up for the taking of another animal or three. Wonder what trophy fees are on giraffe? Might have to check that out.
Why do you say end of May is not happening??? I'm still hoping! Do you have definite news?

Why do you say end of May is not happening??? I'm still hoping! Do you have definite news?
Got a call that Delta is canceling all international flights thru May 31st. Was still hopeful until that call.

Yesterday British Airways cancelled my flights for the trip in mid May

With one week left in the current order "President Ramaphosa decided to deploy an extra 73,180 soldiers in a letter addressed to parliament on Tuesday."
You think the lock down is about to be extended?

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 18.32.31.png

I have seen a comments stating this years hunting season will not happen. They don't want even local city dwellers to travel to the rural hunting areas.
Update from Cyril today so we will see; the proposed 5 levels of restriction do not allow international travel even at level 1. Special food grants have been initiated for the next 6 months.
So everything is pointing to a long term shutdown.

Saw that this morning. But no duration or hint as to what the other levels would limit or restrict.

PHASA PRESIDENT MESSAGE APRIL 23, 2020

Thanks for posting that video @BRICKBURN

I wonder if those of us that are likely to have postponed hunts would be able to voluntarily pay a part of our trophy fees or finish paying the Safari to help insure that the PH’s and staff can weather this storm?
This seems like a unique opportunity for bargains to be struck where more $$ is sent over and a credit plus something is added? Is this worth mentioning?

Thanks for posting that video @BRICKBURN

I wonder if those of us that are likely to have postponed hunts would be able to voluntarily pay a part of our trophy fees or finish paying the Safari to help insure that the PH’s and staff can weather this storm?
This seems like a unique opportunity for bargains to be struck where more $$ is sent over and a credit plus something is added? Is this worth mentioning?
If you’re willing to take a risk and can afford it. It is worth asking your outfitter. It would likely be a good deal for both you and them.
I made a donation to the outfitter I will be hunting with in Zimbabwe to their anti-poaching program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilburnAle

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,