JOHN GRENZ

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI
Hunted
South Africa
Well end of May this year is not happening. We have rebooked for June 2021. Hope all is normal by then. I like having time to save up for the taking of another animal or three. Wonder what trophy fees are on giraffe? Might have to check that out.

Mark Biggerstaff

Silver supporter
Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
@Mark Biggerstaff don’t you have a June hunt planned also?
I’m curious to know if others have called off June hunts yet??

Yes, I have a 14 day June 2020 trip with Bos en Dal Safaris. Gerrit and I Whatsapp regularly. We have taken the wait and see approach as of now. If lockdown is lifted and no restrictions for entry into RSA or reentry back into the States that prevent me from going I am going. A decision will be made about 10 days before June departure date we decided. Delta still has June flights scheduled and got email from them stating social distancing will be in place and middle row seats will be vacant

Fred Gunner

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
If I wanted a "Safe return to South Africa" I would not have booked a Cape Buffalo hunt with a Ruger No. 1-H
Ebola, West African Tic Bite Fever, Malaria and wounded Dugga Boys are knot part of my daily dull safe American life.
I booked an adventure and Danger is the price of admission..

for-believe-me.jpg

I'm going back the moment they'll let me in (June 2021)

Dee S

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Nimrod Rifle Club, SCI, NRA
Hunted
Texas, Wyoming, Kansas, Alaska, Namibia
I had to postpone the photo safari we had booked for next month, May, not sure when we'll get it done. And I went on a limb and booked a hunt in Botswana for June of 2021. Now, I have travel insurance for both, still waiting to see how that pans out for the photo safaris. The trip insurance on the Botswana trip includes Cancel For Any Reason and pays 75% . It will pay if canceled due to a pandemic, I confirmed that before paying today, and it states on their website the same.
Now as to when airlines start flying from the USA to Africa? I'd say the odds of figuring that out are probably about the same as us determining tonight who the Cowboys will pick in the 7th round, with their 231st pick, of the NFL draft next week. (n)

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA,
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
You can still get to Lusaka via Addis Ababa with ethiopian at the moment ... Just have to quarantine for two weeks at a government appointed place.... And not sure what that would be like.....and I think at your expense....:D

jacques smith

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Seems to me several posters need to readjust their meds. Not sure accusations or rants are that helpful. Guess being cooped up has loosened some screws. Thanks to all for an interesting read. Be safe. This too will pass

steven gauvin

Reaction score
Well end of May this year is not happening. We have rebooked for June 2021. Hope all is normal by then. I like having time to save up for the taking of another animal or three. Wonder what trophy fees are on giraffe? Might have to check that out.
Why do you say end of May is not happening??? I'm still hoping! Do you have definite news?

Dudders

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
UK, South Africa, Namibia, Sweden
Why do you say end of May is not happening??? I'm still hoping! Do you have definite news?
Yesterday British Airways cancelled my flights for the trip in mid May

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
Awesome Quote! Thank you. When I was a boy, I convinced my younger brother to pee on an electric fence! :A Big Hello: I still chuckle when I think of it, and he still holds a grudge!

:E Rofl:

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
With one week left in the current order "President Ramaphosa decided to deploy an extra 73,180 soldiers in a letter addressed to parliament on Tuesday."
You think the lock down is about to be extended?

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 18.32.31.png

shark_za

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Limpopo, KZN, Free State, N-Cape, E-Cape
I have seen a comments stating this years hunting season will not happen. They don't want even local city dwellers to travel to the rural hunting areas.
Update from Cyril today so we will see; the proposed 5 levels of restriction do not allow international travel even at level 1. Special food grants have been initiated for the next 6 months.
So everything is pointing to a long term shutdown.

Edster

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Saw that this morning. But no duration or hint as to what the other levels would limit or restrict.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
PHASA PRESIDENT MESSAGE APRIL 23, 2020

Tra3

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia
Thanks for posting that video @BRICKBURN

I wonder if those of us that are likely to have postponed hunts would be able to voluntarily pay a part of our trophy fees or finish paying the Safari to help insure that the PH’s and staff can weather this storm?
This seems like a unique opportunity for bargains to be struck where more $$ is sent over and a credit plus something is added? Is this worth mentioning?

375Fox

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zambia, Namibia, South Africa
Thanks for posting that video @BRICKBURN

I wonder if those of us that are likely to have postponed hunts would be able to voluntarily pay a part of our trophy fees or finish paying the Safari to help insure that the PH’s and staff can weather this storm?
This seems like a unique opportunity for bargains to be struck where more $$ is sent over and a credit plus something is added? Is this worth mentioning?
If you’re willing to take a risk and can afford it. It is worth asking your outfitter. It would likely be a good deal for both you and them.
I made a donation to the outfitter I will be hunting with in Zimbabwe to their anti-poaching program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaDenny51

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
Viral is a great guy to trade with First Class all the way!!
Rickmt wrote on Justbryan's profile.
What is your new shorter rifle? Thanx Bryan !
raamw wrote on neckdeep's profile.
Supply your address so I can get shipping Paypal Friend (no ) fee) is fine
Viral_SIGness wrote on Rifle57's profile.
Great person to deal with. Fast communication and quick shipper!
Sarg wrote on Philippe's profile.
Hello Philippe, did you get my PM that I sent you earlier ?

Regards Mark