Some opinions

RootballExpress

AH veteran
Joined
Feb 2, 2020
Messages
136
Reaction score
161
Media
4
Hello everyone,

The time has come!!!!!! However, I am torn by the lure of power between two awesome calibers of double rifle.

I have the opportunity to get either a 500 Nitro Express made by VC from a close friend once he retires in a few months, or a custom 10 bore (partially rifled) paradox double.

Which one would you guys choose and why? All practicality aside
 
Maybe not the most practical choice, but it would be extremely hard for me to ever turn down a paradox.
The paradox would be built by Aria Ballistic Engineering Inc out of WA. Jason, the owner, really does awesome work. build would be basic, but have more TKO and terminal perfomance than classic big bore double rifles (577 NE, 600 NE, etc)
 
As an owner of a double rifle caliber 577 Nitro Express and another one caliber 600 Nitro Express, I have a different opinion as far as terminal ballistics is concerned.

The TKO was always controversial discussed and is no longer relevant for the choice of a cartridge nowadays.
 
A .500 double rifle is the way to go..the Paradox is now a part of history..
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,335
Messages
1,573,242
Members
169,726
Latest member
FayChecchi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top