Some knives I made lately

Finally finished all the leather work for the scandistyle knives i made during last year!
Think it would be time to celebrate with a Laphroaig single malt!:)
DSC01012.JPG

Played with stabilizing wood last spring and have used the material on most of the knives.
DSC01013.JPG
DSC01014.JPG
DSC01015.JPG
DSC01016.JPG
DSC01023.JPG
DSC01024.JPG
DSC01028.JPG
DSC01030.JPG
DSC01026.JPG
 
I have a couple of favorites among those. Too bad I'm broke this time of the year....
The long one must be for fishing. Is the fish shaped sheath traditional somewhere, or is it purely your creativity?
 
That wood is beautiful!
 
I think I have seen knives in the same kind of style,but i guess it's my own inspirations.
Did allot of fly fishing before,so I kind of like trout!
The idea was to get the sheath lo look like one a bit.
 
The only thing that's irritating is that I have thrown away allot of rotten but beautiful wood
before I learned that it was possible to stabilize it.Even allot of soft bog oak!
 
Finally finished all the leather work for the scandistyle knives i made during last year!
Think it would be time to celebrate with a Laphroaig single malt!:)
View attachment 325214
Played with stabilizing wood last spring and have used the material on most of the knives.
View attachment 325215 View attachment 325216 View attachment 325217 View attachment 325218 View attachment 325219 View attachment 325221 View attachment 325224 View attachment 325227 View attachment 325228
state of the art!!!
 
Thank you!
 
Peter, those are truly handsome knives!
 
best as usual.
 
I really like your knives and in particular the lovely handle on 2023.
 
still doesnt tell me anything.
I am late to this thread so forgive me. Use a wire transfer through your bank. It's done internationally all the time. That's how most folks pay for their hunt down payment. Just go see the good folks at your bank. Any teller will set it up for you.
 
Beautiful Knifes, excellent craftsmanship(y)(y)(y) I really love the grain of the wood you are using, the leather work is first class(y)(y)
 
Bought a vacuum pump and chamber so I can stabilize wood.
Fun to experiment with different colors and double stabilize rotten birch burl etc.
 
A few more up from the oil!
thumbnail_20200419_103011.jpg


Now I will soon be it the same situation as last year.
Allot of knives but haven't done any leather work.
We don't have any quarantine yet but could be good to have something to do if we gets one!:)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,298
Messages
1,572,010
Members
169,474
Latest member
AubreyWyan
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top