So I did a thing...my first double rifle!

I picked up one of those earlier in the year. Really nice rifle. Shoots great.

Thats a double dandy/dandy double! Maker and caliber are both good to go! Congrats!

I obtained some Hornady solids however rifle was regulated with DGX so still looking
Also, I would like to attach a red dot sight for my 62 yr old eyes...any suggestions for attachment to the EAW mount? prefer forward. rear base is 14.5mm by 21mm. front 10 by 8mm
Also how does one adjust the rear iron sight? Staked? arrived with rear adjusted way left so shoots accordingly without Kentucky windage.
Thanks for your help and support
89525.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I obtained some Hornady solids however rifle was regulated with DGX so still looking
Also, I would like to attach a red dot sight for my 62 yr old eyes...any suggestions for attachment to the EAW mount? prefer forward. rear base is 14.5mm by 21mm. front 10 by 8mm
Also how does one adjust the rear iron sight? Staked? arrived with rear adjusted way left so shoots accordingly without Kentucky windage.
View attachment 438777
How could they send it out like that?

You have to drift the rear sight to the position you need. Would like to help with the DGX but I only have a half box of DGS factory and all my others are reloaded with 400 gr Aframes or Northfork solids.

I would suggest that you buy some of the brass from @cal pappas and work up some accurate loads for your rifle.

View attachment 438777
I would suggest using that rifle as it is configured. Get a Recknagel mount https://www.recknagel.de/en/ to fit those bases and use an illuminated scope with a 1X lower end power setting. At the low end it gives you the same functionality as a red dot sight, and at four power could make all the difference in threading a shot at a bull standing with three of his fellows in the deep shade of thick brush.

And you need to find someone competent to fit the scope mount. JJ Perodeau https://jjperodeau.com/ did his usual brilliant work on my VC with the same factory base.

Verney Carron Sagittaire 9.3x74R

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 8.55.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 8.55.05 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 8.55.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 8.55.17 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 62
I would suggest using that rifle as it is configured. Get a Recknagel mount https://www.recknagel.de/en/ to fit those bases and use an illuminated scope with a 1X lower end power setting. At the low end it gives you the same functionality as a red dot sight, and at four power could make all the difference in threading a shot at a bull standing with three of his fellows in the deep shade of thick brush.

And you need to find someone competent to fit the scope mount. JJ Perodeau https://jjperodeau.com/ did his usual brilliant work on my VC with the same factory base.

Verney Carron Sagittaire 9.3x74R
beautiful! I will give him a call. sounds like a good idea!

You have to drift the rear sight to the position you need. Would like to help with the DGX but I only have a half box of DGS factory and all my others are reloaded with 400 gr Aframes or Northfork solids.

I would suggest that you buy some of the brass from @cal pappas and work up some accurate loads for your rifle.
Thanks so much! sounds like a good plan!

Found some Hornady solids but was regulated with DGX so still looking.
Huh? On my rifles regulated with Hornady, DGX and DGS are interchangeable in regards to regulation.

Grteat Rifle, I wish it was mine.

Nice part of the Recknagel mount is you can attach peeps or reflex sights to that rear pad, I have mine set up for the scope, a Recknagel peep and a Leupold Deltapoint 2.5. Makes it nice and versatile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaBlohm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!