So exciting! I just received this Amazon review from an Anti-hunter!

Sue Tidwell

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, DSC, RMEF, Wild Sheep Society, etc
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, Mozambique
THIS is WHY I wrote Cries of the Savanna! While I am thrilled that hunters like the book, my entire goal was to take non-hunters and/or anti-hunters on a grand adventure that would expose them to the truth of conservation in Africa. I can’t tell you how rewarding it is to learn that the book has changed a person’s mind on safari hunting!
Fortunately, the book is doing what I intended…..that is…..once I get it into their hands. That is the tough part. Many of these people aren’t interested in reading the book once they see that hunting is a big part of it. That’s why books clubs and recommendations from others is SO IMPORTANT.
CBAF2C23-776B-4C59-ACFC-81832B5965D2.jpeg

Outstanding!!!!

To help polish your presentation about hunting in the US, instead of using the name Pittman/Robertson Act use the laws other name Wildlife Restoration Act. When I started using Wildlife Restoration Act in my Outdoor Adventure Classes it had a greater emotional impact on my non-hunting students. Their emotional connection allowed me to access their logical part of their brain, and they understood sustainable conservation much faster.
I am absolutely enjoying your book and yes always keep your eyes open.:A Thumbs Up:

That's awesome!! Keep up the good work!! I was just looking at reviews on man eating lions of savo and the bunny huggers kept writing that it was a great read but they were forced to give it three stars because of all the irresponsible hunting in it. What a joke. Glad to see you got through to someone!! Thanks!!

Good work Sue! I’m currently through your discussion of hyenas while at the Chui camp, great read so far (y)

@Sue Tidwell Well done is all I can say. Its good to see that particular individual kept on with the book. I get into conversations with vegans and the like about hunting. Once they understand that we both want whats best for the animals I leave them with one thought. Imagine what we could do for wildlife if we joined forces???
You can see then thinking hold on this guys has a point. Well done once again

... my entire goal was to take non-hunters and/or anti-hunters on a grand adventure that would expose them to the truth of conservation in Africa. I can’t tell you how rewarding it is to learn that the book has changed a person’s mind on safari hunting! ...

I understand exactly how you feel and I congratulate you very much! For the last 5 years, I have been doing something similar in addition to work (not on the topic of hunting, but health-care). I write publications, organize workshops and lectures. That feeling when at the end people come and say: "That really makes sense, that's what I want to learn and do!" (y):love:
I haven't read the book yet, maybe sometime later...when Amazon sells signed copies in Europe :D

Sue, all of us who love safari, wildlife and wild places owe you a great big thank you!

Well done!
Doug, thank you so much for saying so. Like all of you, I fell in love with Africa and it’s people and wildlife. They are all worth fighting for.
Outstanding!!!!

To help polish your presentation about hunting in the US, instead of using the name Pittman/Robertson Act use the laws other name Wildlife Restoration Act. When I started using Wildlife Restoration Act in my Outdoor Adventure Classes it had a greater emotional impact on my non-hunting students. Their emotional connection allowed me to access their logical part of their brain, and they understood sustainable conservation much faster.
I am absolutely enjoying your book and yes always keep your eyes open.:A Thumbs Up:
Thanks! That is absolutely a wonderful recommendation. I shall start doing that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Good work! Hopefully he/she will explain it to their friends if the topic ever comes up.
YES exactly! That is the hope. I always say that at the end of any podcasts I get to do. I want people to fall in love with Africa like I did….so that they will stand up for it anytime they get the chance.

I understand exactly how you feel and I congratulate you very much! For the last 5 years, I have been doing something similar in addition to work (not on the topic of hunting, but health-care). I write publications, organize workshops and lectures. That feeling when at the end people come and say: "That really makes sense, that's what I want to learn and do!" (y):love:
I haven't read the book yet, maybe sometime later...when Amazon sells signed copies in Europe :D
Yeah! Lol! You might be waiting awhile for Amazon to have signed copies! I do sell them from my website but the shipping to Europe is $40 making it quite expensive unfortunately. I’m happy you also get thr same feeling for the work you are doing. That is also an important issue. Thank you for all you do.

I'll simply say "Thank you, Sue"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg