Snakes!

Suddenly I don't want to leave Alaska.

Some friends in a Texas camp caught a blue racer snake (non poisonous) and put it in a package to my boss. He thought it was mail and opened it. Big surprise when the snake popped out! He thought it was funny and repeated the prank on his wife....

I heard two versions of what happened next. One story was that he was seen sleeping on the porch. The other story was that he moved into the cabin with the bachelor staff for a night. Either way all agreed he was NOT welcome in the house for a night or two.

LMAO....

I like snakes, and I am not afraid of them, but I hate big roaches. LOL.

Caught this little one trying to get in the house. Glad I found it before the wife got home, she hates them, and for her a good snake is a dead snake. LOL!!!!

snake.jpg

I like snakes, and I am not afraid of them, but I hate big roaches. LOL.

Caught this little one trying to get in the house. Glad I found it before the wife got home, she hates them, and for her a good snake is a dead snake. LOL!!!!

View attachment 332477
Cute. I HATE roaches of all shapes and sizes. I stomp them until they disintegrate. Snakes, though... I can stand them in photos or zoos or watching them from my front porch/behind glass or even up close if they're not venomous. Two years ago a pretty striped grass snake of some kind or other was chilling in the back of one of the porch rockers around Christmas; I watched him for a while 'til he decided to leave. But boy do they creep me out and the pics in here of the mambas and giant bloody cobras? Hell no, keep that FAR away from me!

Good medicine for roaches, and other bugs, is a
Bug-a-salt gun loaded with kosher salt. Helps me feed my hunting addiction.

Good medicine for roaches, and other bugs, is a
Bug-a-salt gun loaded with kosher salt. Helps me feed my hunting addiction.

I'd rather be that close to any snake than that close to a big roach, specially the flying ones. Sh*t, you should see how quickly this little guy can run. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Burmese Python with whitetail inside. Florida Everglades
These pythons are a seriously invasive species that have wiped out much of the wildlife in the Everglades.
There is a bounty on them, and every one has a kill on sight order on its head.

91548621_2511579509093699_2980162619966488576_n.jpg

What is the real size that Burmese python can grow to, in pounds and feet?
Do they attack people?

Around 23-25 feet and 200 lbs.

Like most snakes they will try to get away from you, that is unless they are hungry and figure that you would make a good meal. The larger ones are perfectly capable of taking down a man.

My friend from work took off Friday to do some social distancing by kayak fishing. About midday I got the attached picture.
IMG_1745.JPG

I commented the river was really rolling. He texted me back and asked if I had seen the snake? Looked closer.
IMG_1746.JPG

I replied “FK No! I guess I’d be dead”

Eastern diamondback rattler. I HATE snakes!!!!!

But I like fishing! He obviously dodged the snake.
IMG_1747.JPG

tmg-article_tall.jpg
tmg-article_tall (1).jpg

What is that snake? Species?

Puff Adder ?

Timber Rattlesnakes can range in color from a tan-brown to a black. They will group in dens.
91647056_2978797298807746_6618695828934492160_o.jpg

Cape Cobra

92543306_691679298038891_7955154626267840512_n.jpg

My friend from work took off Friday to do some social distancing by kayak fishing. About midday I got the attached picture.
View attachment 338607

I commented the river was really rolling. He texted me back and asked if I had seen the snake? Looked closer.
View attachment 338608
I replied “FK No! I guess I’d be dead”

Eastern diamondback rattler. I HATE snakes!!!!!

But I like fishing! He obviously dodged the snake.
View attachment 338610

Looks like a cottonmouth moccasin to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross