Skins 'n' Stuff To Give Away

Damn! I'd sure like that bushbuck. I was all set to pm you until I read Calgary.

I have the plan. Ship to Mexico and I will walk them across the Rio. No one is checking there.

Damn nice offer and part of the reason I really love this forum.

Thanks very much to everyone who sent a PM. I think everything is now spoken for, but if anything falls through, I will post again.

I tried to ship a zebra hide to friend once. FedEx. US Customs wanted to see permits for the hunt, and a whole bunch of paperwork. I was threatened with a Lacey Act violation (can they do that to a Canuck?) and we ended up having to destroy the skin. They would let me have it back, and wouldn't let it go on, even though I had the import paperwork from Canada and some South African paperwork.

Never again!

I'm not touching that one!

It's minus 25 degrees here today. We must have a different definition of nice!

I get what you're saying Rookhawk, but I seem to have procrastinated to the point where Family Management has taken control. I can't complain - I get to hunt . . . and this is a small fraction of the bits and pieces around.

I don't know if that's actually the case, but they US Customs treated it as the case. As noted above, it's not something I'm going to try again, and I'm not sure what would happen if someone drove up here (and their vehicle didn't freeze) and tried to go back with the skins.
@Hank2211
At least we don't have that problem in Australia. I bought 3 Springbok skins tanned back from Namibia as gifts. On arrival border forces checked they were tanned and no problems. Yes I would like one of the skins but postage from Canada is prohibitive. The lioness skin would be a big no no here because of CITES restrictions.
Bob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg