Site Slowing Down?

Although it is getting better, since it is media items that slows it down would it not be an idea to limit the number of media posts, ie pictures? I sometimes see dozens in a row from outfitters usually, with an obvious commercial intent. No discussion, no participation in conversations, just screeds of pictures. Not my favourite.
 
Hello all! Thank you for posting in this thread which I've been following and indeed looking into. I too noticed that I was having a more difficult time loading pages however I'm in Namibia at this time and was thinking for a while that it was just my connection here as it is often inconsistent. So I'm glad extremely glad that this thread was started by @JimP.

I have been in contact for the last several days with the hosting company and my developer to resolve the issues with AH loading time. What I have learned is that it will not be a quick fix and will take 2 to 3 weeks to be resolve. I am sorry about that but AH needs to be optimized and updated to new technologies that were not available before in order to load faster for the heavy load of media that we carry on the site.

We need to serve the images from the cloud front, this will require programming and work in the background so you should not be too inconvenient other than the continued slow loading until all is in place. The site may sometimes be down temporarily for a few minutes at a time.

Thank you all again for sharing your experience on the site and my apology for this inconvenience. I hope to be able to make the site better and faster than ever before. My best, Jerome
@AfricaHunting.com
Jerome
Working better than it ever has at the moment in Australia. Very fast.
Bob
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The speed is much better now than it was earlier this week or even this morning.

Thanks
 
It’s working! Thank you! Now I can get caught up with my addiction. Dang withdrawals this week were tough. Must be why I was so grumpy all week. I doubled down on the coffee. I splurged on some chocolate. Nothing worked until this morning when I woke up and AH was working. Lol.
 
Using 940mb Wi-Fi 6e connected to gigabit fiber, it’s still horribly slow. I think Jerome has to pay a few more sheckels to his hosting provider or move the site to google/azure/aws cloud in the USA.
 
Working fine since yesterday evening.
 
Working fine now !
 
This is the best it’s worked for me in a long time. I normally can’t load photos on my cell service but they load no problem now.
 
Good to hear my trophy hunt worked. Hopefully, we can have some more improvements with J's projects.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,717
Members
169,606
Latest member
KarenRohr1
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top