Site Slowing Down?

Didnt Jerome say a month or two ago that they were changing or upgrading servers?

It is very slow and getting worse.

Glad it wasn't just on my end! It's pretty much too slow to use the forum at the moment.

I too thought the problem was at my end
It's a bit frustrating

Hello all! Thank you for posting in this thread which I've been following and indeed looking into. I too noticed that I was having a more difficult time loading pages however I'm in Namibia at this time and was thinking for a while that it was just my connection here as it is often inconsistent. So I'm glad extremely glad that this thread was started by @JimP.

I have been in contact for the last several days with the hosting company and my developer to resolve the issues with AH loading time. What I have learned is that it will not be a quick fix and will take 2 to 3 weeks to be resolve. I am sorry about that but AH needs to be optimized and updated to new technologies that were not available before in order to load faster for the heavy load of media that we carry on the site.

We need to serve the images from the cloud front, this will require programming and work in the background so you should not be too inconvenient other than the continued slow loading until all is in place. The site may sometimes be down temporarily for a few minutes at a time.

Thank you all again for sharing your experience on the site and my apology for this inconvenience. I hope to be able to make the site better and faster than ever before. My best, Jerome

View attachment 553149
I am sure @BRICKBURN has already noticed this but I will throw it out there. There seems to be about 10,000 guest connecting at any given time. Sad attempt at A DDOS? only the site administrators would know, but 10,000 computers sending malformed packets at a server will bog it down pretty good. Just a thought.

Decided to have a look at this side too.

Apparently, Africa Hunting had become incredibly popular in Singapore today. I invited them to take a hike.

For what it is worth, things seem to have sped up exponentially since I was viewing earlier today. I hope the planned changes go well and whatever has changed since this morning keeps us using the site at the speed we were used to. Thanks for the efforts.

For what it is worth, things seem to have sped up exponentially since I was viewing earlier today. I hope the planned changes go well and whatever has changed since this morning keeps us using the site at the speed we were used to. Thanks for the efforts.

Beat me to it by a minute :E Big Grin:

It's ripping around now. Cool.

Decided to have a look at this side too.

Apparently, Africa Hunting had become incredibly popular in Singapore today. I invited them to take a hike.
This may have done the ticket and unfortunately may be what has to continue to be done. The site is faster than anytime in recent memory. Thanks for helping out!

HH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennyWilmo

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double