Sitatunga Mount Ideas

Cecil Hammonds

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 26, 2016
Messages
195
Reaction score
1,200
Location
North Texas
Media
107
Hunting reports
Africa
6
USA/Canada
2
Europe
4
Asia/M.East
1
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, South Africa, Poland, Zambia, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Greenland, Spain, Tajikistan
Hello everyone,

I just returned from a Sitatunga hunt in Zambia, and I am kicking around ideas for the mount. I would really love to see any Sitatunga mounts anyone would like to share. I probably won't do a full body mount due to lack of available space. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Cecil
 
I'd probably have to do a modified half body mount.
Maybe buy a form like this situanaga from McLenzie's

1784289857057.png

and modify to look something like this Nyala

1784290036282.png



or something like this bushbuck

1784290109094.jpeg
 
I agree with @buck wild you've gotta at least do some sort of Half Body. I’d want to at least showcase some of the habitat where they live in the base. Maybe a half body version of something like this? If you’re not going to do the habitat base, maybe you’ve got another mount you could combine with it.

IMG_3543.jpeg
IMG_3544.jpeg


Your other option is to just full send it and factor in some other upcoming mounts/hunts
IMG_3546.jpeg
IMG_3545.jpeg
 
I agree with @buck wild you've gotta at least do some sort of Half Body. I’d want to at least showcase some of the habitat where they live in the base. Maybe a half body version of something like this? If you’re not going to do the habitat base, maybe you’ve got another mount you could combine with it.

View attachment 777726View attachment 777727

Your other option is to just full send it and factor in some other upcoming mounts/hunts
View attachment 777728View attachment 777729
I like that first one
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,342
Messages
1,573,376
Members
169,744
Latest member
Gus674466
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top