My LSA .303 factory sporter.
IMG_2808.JPG

These interest me, I'd like one in 45 long colt

39Fz9AR.jpg

......and something a bit different...

zfN628n.jpg

Roger
@yumastepside
Roger if you want on in 45 long colt Mt gunsmith Rob Spittles will do one for you. Your only problem is finding a magazine to feed the long colt. I know Rob has done them in the 45acp and was a good copy of the lasale complete with a false but looked good suppressor.
Bob

Long Colt.... sigh..........:(

IMG_2390.jpg

Just arrived yesterday. LIthgow SMLE in the mighty 22LR.

Awesome fun and a little brother to the BSA No 1 Mk III*

View attachment 488415

Just arrived yesterday. LIthgow SMLE in the mighty 22LR.

Awesome fun and a little brother to the BSA No 1 Mk III*
@Tintin
They are an intriguing rifle. At the end of a range session you just drop the mag and empty the spent cases into the bin. Not many would know that it ejects the empties into the mag.
Bob

@Tintin
They are an intriguing rifle. At the end of a range session you just drop the mag and empty the spent cases into the bin. Not many would know that it ejects the empties into the mag.
Bob

Hey Bob - yep that is a very cool feature - and the spend case capacity of the 'magazine' will last quite a while.

A functioning magazine would be cool though ;-)

View attachment 487823

P14 (Remington) in 300 H&H that I salvaged a few years back.. Cost me less than $350 out the door.. The action and barrel had a lot of superficial rust and the stock was in dismal shape (this is the same stock.. it just needed a lot of work to bring it back to beauty)..

Probably the best find Ive made at a gun show in the last 20 years..
Wow. I’m really jealous. That is the exact combo I want. I search for it occasionally. I figure I’ll need to have it built.

My n1mk3 is my favorite rifle I've ever owned twice. Recently purchased it back after it made the rounds through friends and they couldn't source ammo. A box of 180gr sp fell into my lap with ~300 pieces of primed brass. It'll eat for a long time, but I'm always on the lookout for some 215gr projectiles.

The furniture just arrived from Australia, and it's now the absolute best fitting rifle I have ever shouldered. After this hunting season I plan to swap out the mil sights for leafs and a ramped front.
20220908_180640.jpg

20220818_154542.jpg

The other enfield is a p14 in 300 H&H. It's at the shop, about to get work done to fit actual scope mounts to replace the mossberg 500 rail that was "mounted" when it landed at my feet. There's an old 60s leupold m8 4x that'll top it off. The stock is getting a lot of excess cut to make it match the bottom metal. This'll be a good learning experience. There's another replacement stock I'm eyeing for down the road.
20220831_124814.jpg

I've always had a thing for Enfields, the P14/M17's and the " Smellies "....I can't remember how many smellies I've had over the years ( still have three at the moment ) and a 303/270, 25-06, 308 Norma, 9.3x74R in the 14/17's ( currently building a 416 Taylor on an M17 )...so lets see your custom Enfields, professional or homemade, doesn't matter....whip 'em out and lets see 'em...

Roger
Have a few. 585, 505, had a 460. Have 416 wby, 300 wby and 3006.

My n1mk3 is my favorite rifle I've ever owned twice. Recently purchased it back after it made the rounds through friends and they couldn't source ammo. A box of 180gr sp fell into my lap with ~300 pieces of primed brass. It'll eat for a long time, but I'm always on the lookout for some 215gr projectiles.

The furniture just arrived from Australia, and it's now the absolute best fitting rifle I have ever shouldered. After this hunting season I plan to swap out the mil sights for leafs and a ramped front.
View attachment 489152
View attachment 489153

The other enfield is a p14 in 300 H&H. It's at the shop, about to get work done to fit actual scope mounts to replace the mossberg 500 rail that was "mounted" when it landed at my feet. There's an old 60s leupold m8 4x that'll top it off. The stock is getting a lot of excess cut to make it match the bottom metal. This'll be a good learning experience. There's another replacement stock I'm eyeing for down the road.
View attachment 489154
@Josh P
Woodleigh makes a nice 215gn RNSP weldcore. A friend of mine tried a penetration test at 100yds on a lead ingot 2 inches thick. It almost punched clear thru the bock. The old No1 Mk111 is a good old workhorse.
The M17 looks great when the bottom metal is flattened out, but please keep it cock on closing, makes it a lot faster to operate. The dogleg bolt is a classic as soon as you see it you know what rifle it is.
Bob

This is my wildcat .505 SRE, which I designed and developed and took to Africa, where it accounted for three elephants, five Cape buffalo and a record book rhino. It was created with this P14 Enfield action, fitted with a Lyman 48 receiver sight, a John Buhmiller barrel and a Williams ramp with Sourdough front sight. It was converted to cock on opening with a Dayton-Traister conversion unit. It holds three cartridges in the magazine plus on in the chamber. I have never felt that I needed more.
.505 001.jpg

The cartridge is shown in the middle of the three. It propels a 570 grain bullet at 2150 fps. Here is the rhino it accounted for.
CCE00000 (2).jpg

A couple of .577 P53 Enfields. Sorry, couldn't help it :)

Top is a P1853 London Armoury with provenance to London Militia, DOM 1865.
Bottom is a P1853 Parker Hale, made with original tooling in Birmingham, DOM 1975.

P53s.jpg

Last edited:
@Josh P
Woodleigh makes a nice 215gn RNSP weldcore. A friend of mine tried a penetration test at 100yds on a lead ingot 2 inches thick. It almost punched clear thru the bock. The old No1 Mk111 is a good old workhorse.
The M17 looks great when the bottom metal is flattened out, but please keep it cock on closing, makes it a lot faster to operate. The dogleg bolt is a classic as soon as you see it you know what rifle it is.
Bob
When they (215gr woodleighs) become available again, I plan to give them a whirl.

All these posts have me hankering for one to add to the collection :)

FC802A7F-F77D-4477-8F0E-C637B629DE2A.jpeg

Not the best picture of the Enfield……..but the best picture ( well, at least 2nd, after the rhino)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luchkabody

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!