Show us your 22LR

Bog standard BRNO 2E ( (1952 I think) More accurate than me.





I now have sourced the leaf for the rear sight and also a proper 5rnd mag. The plastic 10rnd mag is ugly and gets in the way when shooting off-hand.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0662_zps9a1029d2.jpg
    DSCF0662_zps9a1029d2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 260
  • DSCF0665_zps2774aef2.jpg
    DSCF0665_zps2774aef2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
I shoot a 22WMR.... Be happy to share that.
 
Bog standard BRNO 2E ( (1952 I think) More accurate than me.





I now have sourced the leaf for the rear sight and also a proper 5rnd mag. The plastic 10rnd mag is ugly and gets in the way when shooting off-hand.
Really a beauty of a rifle there. The wood looks superb!
 
Really a beauty of a rifle there. The wood looks superb!
Thanks D.M.V . I had initially put a deposit down on a 10/22. When my license variation eventually came through my mate the Gun Dealer had sold it (he had forgotten!) He offered me the BRNO.. It was a bit tatty with a knackered scope on it etc. From the state of it it had clearly been a "working" rifle over the years,. I thought "why not?" (we were only talking small money after all) I took her home, stripped her down, fettled the woodwork and gave the working parts a deep-clean, swapped a scope of an airgun that I don't use and now am grateful for my mate the gun dealers crap memory!!!
 
Last edited:
Thanks D.M.V . I had initially put a deposit down on a 10/22. When my license variation eventually came through my mate the Gun Dealer had sold it (he had forgotten!) He offered me the BRNO.. It was a bit tatty with a knackered scope on it etc. From the state of it it had clearly been a "working" rifle over the years,. I thought "why not?" (we were only talking small money after all) I took her home, stripped her down, fettled the woodwork and gave the working parts a deep-clean, swapped a scope of an airgun that I don't use and now am grateful for my mate the gun dealers crap memory!!!
I've become a big fan of Czech guns in last few years. There overall craftsmanship and prices are a great value to the hunter shooter and collector alike and with a rich history in firearms the feeling of tradition reverberates threw there products even today.
 
Steyr Zephyr. It l0ves PMC Target and usually groups less than 1" for 5 shots at 100 yards with this ammo, which I had but never thought to try.
Sorry for the extra shot of the M70 300 H&H.
 
My first rifle, given to me at 11 years old from my grandmother. I have left it in original condition and have shot hundreds, if not thousands of jackrabbits and ground squirrels with it. I will never add a scope to it.
Squirrel and Rifle 3.JPG
Prone 2.JPG
 
This has been my squirrel rifle the last two years. It shoots surprisingly well.
DSCN1084.JPG
 
MarkII_zps216fe20d.jpg


It ain't pretty, nor is the leather, but it's been working for me since I was a kid.

D51A1F8D-688D-4978-BF46-DAB80A1BAB30_zpsjlyoal2x.jpg


About a months worth of work by this pistol over our hounds.
 

Attachments

  • D51A1F8D-688D-4978-BF46-DAB80A1BAB30_zpsjlyoal2x.jpg
    D51A1F8D-688D-4978-BF46-DAB80A1BAB30_zpsjlyoal2x.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 209
  • MarkII_zps216fe20d.jpg
    MarkII_zps216fe20d.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 216
Last edited by a moderator:
Of little value for hunting squirrels, it does quite well at pushing thumbtacks at 50 yards It is a Win 52B from 1948; PO Ackley barrel, Canjar Trigger, Richard's stock, Unertl 10x scope.

DSC_0019A_edited-1.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Fun stuff!
 
So I was at Walmart one day and picked this up for 300$ this is a quality built little 22. Not a big fan of the loading system. Kinda like the Marlin semi auto. But this gun is really beautiful and very well made, heavy, all steel and nice wood for 3 bills. Fun plinker
KIMG0075.jpg
 
I've been eyeing a Henry for a number of years - so much so that I bought one of the golden receiver covers / barrel bands during a RimfireCentral group buy a few years back. One of these rainy days...

I have a Marlin 880sq which is the bull barrel bolt action synthetic stock. I put a Rifle Basix trigger in it years ago and it's a slick squirrel killing machine. At the time, it was the best shooting 22 on the market for 200 dollars. I love that thing.
 
I shoot more rim fire than any other cartridge love shooting them will dig some photos out
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,281
Members
169,994
Latest member
platinumlosssolutions
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top