Show us your 22LR

Couple of my old German single shot 22s

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wayne, nice rifles. Can you tell us more about them?

I have a very dear friend who collects .22 rimfires, especially Kimbers. He has dozens of them. Has one that he does most of his shooting with and the rest are for the pleasure of just having them!

Wayne, nice rifles. Can you tell us more about them?

Hiya
Thanks for that
The scoped one is a Merkel 16 bore over a 22 rf topped off with a Swarovski 4x32
The other one is a Sauer 12 bore SBS over a 22rf this was a 9.3x74 but has been sleeved down to 22 at some point in its long life
They are both great fun to shoot and own both pretty accurate for hunting and casual target shooting when I fancy a change from my normal semi auto 22s

That is really cool. Thanks again for sharing that info.
Randy

I still have my Marlin 25N that I got as a kid. One of my all time favorite rifles. I will try to get pictures up.

Every American could one a .22 rifle.

I found this rifle at the gunsmith's while having something repaired. It is a Marlin/Glenfield model 60 in .22LR, probably made in the 70's or 80's.
img_2263.jpg

The gun jammed quite a bit, and had a cheap, 3/4" tube scope on it. I took the gun apart and cleaned what looked like several decades worth of crud from the inner workings. I gave the barrel a good scrubbing, too. While the gun still jams occasionally, it's not near as bad as it once was. I really didn't like the squirrels and oak leaves that were branded in the grip and forearm.

img_2264-1.jpg

I decided to do a little stock work. I sanded off the squirrels and oaks and sanded off the stain that had been applied. The stock was a nice, light birch, and I decided to keep the natural color of the wood. I made a tracing of the checkered pattern off of one of my other rifles, and penciled it in on the sanded stock.
img_2269.jpg

img_2275.jpg

I then got a checkering tool from Brownell's; I would do a few lines here, a few there.....never in any rush, just whenever a had a few minutes. Took my time. It didn't turn out perfectly, but most of the checkering is pleasing to the eye (or at least, MY eye).
img_2273.jpg

I then decided to make a faux rosewood nose cap. I scribed a small groove around the tip of the stock, and then applied aqua fortis with a brush. I then held a hot iron bar near the treated area, and it turned brown (read how to do this in a book on building muzzleloaders).
img_2276.jpg

I then got a Birchwood/Casey gun stock refinishing kit. Followed the directions that came with the kit, and this was the end result.
img_2277.jpg
img_2278.jpg

So, for a $75 investment, and a little elbow grease and time, I have a nice personalized .22 sporter that is accurate enough for squirrels. As a matter of fact, it will probably be headed to the woods in a couple of weeks.

Here is my other .22 rimfire that I "customized". It's a Ruger standard MkII pistol. I wanted to hunt with it, so I replaced the factory fixed sights with some Millet adjustable target sights, with and orange blade on the front. The one grip panel broke, so I replaced it with a pair of Herter's walnut grips.
RugerMkII.jpg

Sorry for all the pics......................
Very nice sir.....

As my Ex wife used to say,I saw this in the Store window and couldn't pass is up, A Browning Buckmark Pro Target URX with a 7.25 inch Barrel
IMG_1341.jpg

and it works fine? seem to recall reading somewhere it was difficult to get semi autos in .22wmr to work properly

This one runs great matey
Choice of 10/14 round mags that are made by blackdog machine

Ok I couldn't resist the urge to see what it looks like scoped so I added an old 2x7 I had laying around
IMG_1343.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerlaMarti

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!