Searcy Double Rifle 470 NE Left Hand

$8500 OBO for the guys on this site only. I just can’t shoot it anymore, and it’s too cool to be a decoration until/ if one of my future grandsons turn out to be a lefty.

Does the rifle have ejectors or extractors, and do you know what ammo it was, or still, is regulated with?

Does the rifle have ejectors or extractors, and do you know what ammo it was, or still, is regulated with?
extractors, and I’m not sure what it was regulated with? Attached is an old screen shot of an email

IMG_0444.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
@LES7 If I were selling a left handed Searcy double I would ask Butch Searcy how much he would charge to swap the triggers, inspect and clean the action, and removed the check piece? With that information, a righty might buy this rifle.

Note, what I described is easy work for a talented gunsmith. That is if you can find one.
As I understand it, Butch won't repair one of his guns if anyone else has worked on it.

I emailed Mr. Searcy asking what you proposed and have received no reply.

I’ve had a few messages on trades. I will consider trades, just PM me what you’re thinking. Thanks

Guns I wish I could afford right now #________

Could this be modified by a gunsmith for a right hand shooter?
I don’t know? Was hoping a GS on here would have commented. I tried getting ahold of Butch. I’ll reach out and see what local smith says. My guess is the triggers only, if that’s easy or not? Stock should be simple and break lever is already same orientation.

Could this be modified by a gunsmith for a right hand shooter?
Anybody try asking JJ?
And how hard would it be to reach across to the front trigger rather than the back one? Who really cares which side you fire first?

So I was told a trigger swap can be done, but the Smith won’t know unless they look or dive into it. Can be pricey, can be easy. Probably best to just be left eye dominant or wrong hand guys could get used to the triggers.

LH is a hard sell, I get it. This is a quality built double for less money than some of the plastic push feed bolt actions out there. This rifle needs an African trip! Pass the word on to your “correct had” buddies.

Interested. Tried sending a message last night, but wouldn't go through..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayadelhi01

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.