Scope for a dangerous game rifle

Great choice in my opinion. I have the 1-4 Trijicon on my 416 Rigby and 404 Jeffrey rifles. No issues with recoil or anything else. I have multiple other Trijicon optics as well and have been pleased with all.

What do you guys think about using the Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x scope with the German # 4 reticle on a .458 Win Mag bolt action rifle.
I have that scope and it’s good I have it on a 375h&h.

Very bright scopes. I don’t think you can go wrong.

Does it have an illuminated centre dot ? I tried a 1-4 scope the other day on a friend's rifle and on 1x it is like a reflex sight. You can keep both eyes open and put the red dot on the target for snap shooting. Then you have the reticle and 4 x for more accurate shooting. I think it is a brilliant idea for a big boomer.

The Schmidt&Bender 1-6x24 Exos when wound down to 1 power parallax goes down to 15 yards IIRC. Something to consider when things are going to get hot, close and sticky.

You might be able to find a S&B 1.1-4 Short Dot. The BDC wont correspond to your gun/caliber but it'd be my choice.

I'd suggest trying to find one of the old ones instead of the later ones. Either will have an illuminated center dot with 10 brightness settings and off spots between each. Not that you need it, but some are compatible with NVG's. It'll have external adjustable turrets, with replacement caps for different loads. It's a true FFP so you can mil and your zero won't change as you adjust magnification. It has one of the most generous eye boxes I've experienced, on any LPVO Scope letting you run it just like an eotech or other reflex optic. I currently have 2 of these on AR's. I had a 3rd, but the rifle/optic was stolen out of my truck while driving home from hunting. These were designed by some real pipe hitters, for chasing truly the most dangerous game on the plant.

For close in, I always preferred open sights. My eyes are not as good now and I went for the Blaser RD 20. Yes it’s it’s a red dot tube but a very large diameter - I can acquire it much faster than the more traditional RMR sights, of which I also have many. For me it’s good from zero to 100 meters. I looked into the EOTech, and like many RDS, consult the factory as many will not handle your 375/416. If I did not use the RD20, I’d be using an EOTech

What do you guys think of the aimpoint scopes for a large rifle?

What do you guys think about using the Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x scope with the German # 4 reticle on a .458 Win Mag bolt action rifle.
I have one with the single post and illuminated triangle on top. Used it for elephant and Buffalo in Zimbabwe on my M70 416 Rem Mag. Then moved it to my CZ 550 in 505 Gibbs and used it on another Buffalo.

Here is s cool example of how well it works. Set on low power, aim at something with both eyes open with the reticle illuminated. Then have someone cover the scope on the off side... not the side you are sighting down. You will still see the reticle on target. Your eye on the scope is seeing the reticle and the other eye is seeing the target while your brain is connecting them;)

Keep in mind that the Trijicon AccuPoint products use a tritium insert that will fade over time. Life expectancy is 10-12 years depending on what level of performance you are willing to accept from an illuminated reticle. After that you will need to send it back to them to have it rebuilt, accept an ever fading illuminated reticle or buy a different scope.

That being said, I believe Trijicon is a quality product and the 1-4x is a good option for a 458WM. I would only say to make sure you mount it in quality QD rings from the likes of Talley, Warne or Alaska Arms.

If I were you, I'd hold out for a used Swaro Z6i 1-6x EE (extended eye relief) that use batteries to illuminate the reticle.

Keep in mind that the Trijicon AccuPoint products use a tritium insert that will fade over time. Life expectancy is 10-12 years depending on what level of performance you are willing to accept from an illuminated reticle. After that you will need to send it back to them to have it rebuilt, accept an ever fading illuminated reticle or buy a different scope.

That being said, I believe Trijicon is a quality product and the 1-4x is a good option for a 458WM. I would only say to make sure you mount it in quality QD rings from the likes of Talley, Warne or Alaska Arms.

If I were you, I'd hold out for a used Swaro Z6i 1-6x EE (extended eye relief) that use batteries to illuminate the reticle.
I will add that the fading tritium will only affect night use. They use fiber optics in the daytime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaja

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,