Saving on shipping costs

I received my hides and horns from 18 animals October 2017. I used Coppersmith and Karoo Taxidermy for the Dip and Pack. Both were friendly and helpful. My animals were shipped on Turkish airlines and other than a week or two delay out of SA I had no troubles with delays or clearing Atlanta customs. Shipping charges were right around $1000.
The crate was 4 ft by 4 ft by 2 ft tall.

The least expensive way to go is self clearance and not using a middle man to do all that legwork. Downside is then you do all the legwork, make all arrangements, then deal directly with shippers, airports, brokers, and not least of all, the ever fun and extremely friendly FWS!:eek: I have done it both ways. Its certainly less expensive to do it all yourself, but it can be a PITAo_O:( and depending on your dealings with the very inquisitive, always curious and very loquacious FWS:mad:, it can be a little uncomfortable and be cause for a few hours of lost sleep:coffee:. Ask me how I know these things,:rolleyes: LOL! Never again will these size 9.5EEE shoes set foot in another USFWS office voluntarily! :(:mad::rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg