Saving on shipping costs

I received my hides and horns from 18 animals October 2017. I used Coppersmith and Karoo Taxidermy for the Dip and Pack. Both were friendly and helpful. My animals were shipped on Turkish airlines and other than a week or two delay out of SA I had no troubles with delays or clearing Atlanta customs. Shipping charges were right around $1000.
The crate was 4 ft by 4 ft by 2 ft tall.
 
The least expensive way to go is self clearance and not using a middle man to do all that legwork. Downside is then you do all the legwork, make all arrangements, then deal directly with shippers, airports, brokers, and not least of all, the ever fun and extremely friendly FWS!:eek: I have done it both ways. Its certainly less expensive to do it all yourself, but it can be a PITAo_O:( and depending on your dealings with the very inquisitive, always curious and very loquacious FWS:mad:, it can be a little uncomfortable and be cause for a few hours of lost sleep:coffee:. Ask me how I know these things,:rolleyes: LOL! Never again will these size 9.5EEE shoes set foot in another USFWS office voluntarily! :(:mad::rolleyes:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,322
Messages
1,572,891
Members
169,633
Latest member
RusselLand
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top