SAPS Form Question

frog stealer

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
490
Reaction score
592
Location
Naperville, IL
Media
5
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Hunted
South Africa
Guys,

I've recently sent in my paperwork for a per-arranged rifle permit for my upcoming hunting trip in South Africa. On this form, I listed my ammunition brand for one of my calibers as "Norma", because I figured I would use that brand of brass in my handloads. Well, it appears that Norma brass in my specific caliber is out of stock, and has been that way for a while, so I'm getting nervous that I won't be able to find any before I leave.

My question is...how strict are they with headstamps matching the listed brands? If I used another brand of brass, are they going to give me trouble over there?

Thanks
 
Guys,

I've recently sent in my paperwork for a per-arranged rifle permit for my upcoming hunting trip in South Africa. On this form, I listed my ammunition brand for one of my calibers as "Norma", because I figured I would use that brand of brass in my handloads. Well, it appears that Norma brass in my specific caliber is out of stock, and has been that way for a while, so I'm getting nervous that I won't be able to find any before I leave.

My question is...how strict are they with headstamps matching the listed brands? If I used another brand of brass, are they going to give me trouble over there?

Thanks

I've only listed the caliber and quantity, never the brand of brass. I believe you were going above what was necessary. Likely they're only going to look at the caliber IF they even look at your ammo. Hate to say it, but you may want to resend that particular page. But, before you take my word for it, I'd email who you're using for the permit and get their opinion.
 
Do not think this would be a major issue . I have nit even seen them check it all the time . I know from before that itwould be better to pack your ammo in a factory box .... Sometimes they dont like to have handloaded ammo in a different container . Depends on how much time you have left . Most people onlylist the amount of ammo .

Happy Hunting !!
 
With Richard using the exhibitors does grant you some liberties, you will be fine...

You will be received, accompanied the fire arms desk, your case will be opened numbers will be cross referenced.. paperwork matches rifle and off you'll be...

:-) enjoy

My best always
 
Thanks guys...I've already contacted Africa sky, and they told me to just forward a revised sheet. Problem solved!
 
With Richard using the exhibitors does grant you some liberties, you will be fine...

You will be received, accompanied the fire arms desk, your case will be opened numbers will be cross referenced.. paperwork matches rifle and off you'll be...

:-) enjoy

My best always

Expediter
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,570,295
Members
168,868
Latest member
IsisRankin
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top