Sako 90 Line Drops Today...sadly no Safari guns

ktk120

AH veteran
Reaction score
Sako launched the 90 series this morning to replace the 85. Sadly no Safari configurations and nothing above 375HH and nothing at all in 9.3x62. That was a disappointment to see as I really wanted a 500J

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 5.46.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 5.46.56 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 132
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 5.46.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 5.46.58 PM.png
    393.4 KB · Views: 125
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 5.46.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 5.46.59 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 129
With the smaller ejection port, it would seem that these would be more difficult to top load, vs the more open actions of the previous Sako rifles.
Precisely the comment I was thinking. Also, do they still have the same extraction as the 85’s?

I asked Sako Sweden on their Youtube channel

They said 9,3 is coming, but not just yet.

They also said, we hope a Safari model of the 90 comes ,and that larger than .375 also, as the 90 deserve a Duoof those.

I was not able to see the list of available calibers?

But they said it is produced in 5 action lenghts?!
I was hoping to be available in tropical calibers as well.

I asked Sako Sweden on their Youtube channel

They said 9,3 is coming, but not just yet.

They also said, we hope a Safari model of the 90 comes ,and that larger than .375 also, as the 90 deserve a Duoof those.
"They hope" I wonder what that means. Probably trying to convince parent company Beretta that there is some value in manufacturing the XL actions.

Some people who appear to work for Sako chimed in on some of my Facebook posts. They said they are a small company of 350 people and this is all they felt they could offer at the beginning and deliver products. They have gotten some large military contracts recently in Europe. They said that other calibers including XL frame calibers and left handed models and calibers would be offered in the future but it will be based on demand. I said how do you gauge demand if you dont make it and try to sell it? I did not get a response to that.

Some people who appear to work for Sako chimed in on some of my Facebook posts. They said they are a small company of 350 people and this is all they felt they could offer at the beginning and deliver products. They have gotten some large military contracts recently in Europe. They said that other calibers including XL frame calibers and left handed models and calibers would be offered in the future but it will be based on demand. I said how do you gauge demand if you dont make it and try to sell it? I did not get a response to that.
I guess they were Finnished answering your questions....................................

I’ve never owned a Sako , I’ve got a couple of tikkas left handed and there is a third for sale locally that’s in .375 chetfield-taylor I’m interested in. I’d probably hold off on the wildcat though if there were prospects of a left hand .375h&h from Sako.

If you go to the Sako 90 page and look at the Bavarian model they offer it in the .375 H&H you just have to scroll to the very end of the caliber selection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross