Sako 90 Line Drops Today...sadly no Safari guns

If you go to the Sako 90 page and look at the Bavarian model they offer it in the .375 H&H you just have to scroll to the very end of the caliber selection.
I don’t think they offer a left handed model at present unfortunately , hopefully in the near future.

I’ve never owned a Sako , I’ve got a couple of tikkas left handed and there is a third for sale locally that’s in .375 chetfield-taylor I’m interested in. I’d probably hold off on the wildcat though if there were prospects of a left hand .375h&h from Sako.
I am sure they'll offer some left handed models in .375 H&H

Calibers available now in sako 90 from one of firearms sites:
These new Sako rifles will be chambered in the following cartridges: .22-250 Remington, .243 Winchester, 6.5 Creedmoor, 7mm-08 Remington, .308 Winchester, 6.5 PRC, 7mm Remington Magnum, 28 Nosler, .300 Winchester Magnum, .338 Winchester Magnum, and .375 Holland & Holland Magnum

Good news!
They just responded to me on their Youtube page. I asked if they would be releasing rifles in the XL actions, 9.3x62, 9.3 x 66 etc. They said yes!

1683835058860.png

I just priced a Sako 85 Varmint that I’m thinking about selling, only found one on GB and it was 2100 bucks, seems that guys are trying to pick up 85’s before they can’t.

I just priced a Sako 85 Varmint that I’m thinking about selling, only found one on GB and it was 2100 bucks, seems that guys are trying to pick up 85’s before they can’t.
85 been unavailable for a year now. I think 85 were fetching a premium because people thought they were gone forever. Now that the 90 is essentially replacing I do not see them staying high. The 90 is an improvement over 85 as far as I can tell.

85 been unavailable for a year now. I think 85 were fetching a premium because people thought they were gone forever. Now that the 90 is essentially replacing I do not see them staying high. The 90 is an improvement over 85 as far as I can tell.

IMO it is not. Maybe the scope mount but otherwise to me it’s not. It’s not the upgrade from the 75 to the 85.

@Dr Ray
We all know you think if it's not a Sako it's not a real hunting rifle.
You shudder when you se a Tikka because they are only pretend Sakos.
Bob

My Sakos are beautiful
I have a Tikka as well in 270

You challenged them. What response would have made things better and not worse?
A good company representative would have answers for a prospective customer to be able to make a decision on whether to wait or move on to other options. I moved on as a result and will have one built on a handful of actions I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross