Sabatti 92 Deluxe .450/400

Applies to the "small" stuff too: 22-250; check. 308; check. 300WSM; check. Trying to avoid it with the 416 Rigby, and 9.3X64. The idea of a 416 Rigby double is giving me the shakes. :sick:

I have a 416 rigby double and it’s a dream. I love using and when I’m down the range hearing people go on about recoil I just get it very quietly and start shooting. That’s when you get everyone saying what on gods good earth is that?

God bless you;but please pardon my jealousy. What would your loed be? 410s @ 2350+/-? more than adequate, I suspect.

God bless you;but please pardon my jealousy. What would your loed be? 410s @ 2350+/-? more than adequate, I suspect.

400 grn at 2400

It was around 16 inches, fairly typical for a double rifle. The rifle has been sold and the last that I heard, the owner is happy with it. Thank you for reaching out, though.

Mdwest,
Do not let the thought of castration stop you from owning this classic chambered double. Odds are she would not really do it. I’m sure your wife is a sensible woman and realizes that you need a double. I suggest book a nice trip for her to go to the spa and while she is away for the day do like any respectable husband would do and sneak the gun into the house. Slowly acclimate her to it with short periods of interaction with it so that her subconscious gets used to seeing it. Once this is complete you can come and go as you please with your old double rifle.

That`s also my recepie, I did exactly the same.
I bought a Krieghoff 470NE, I make a deal with seller and took my lady to the shop and let her do what she like, in mean time I pick up the rifle and when I came home I did some polish work and such thing, she didn`t notice it a all.
So that`s a very good plan.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OctavioN51

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!