Sabatti 92 Deluxe .450/400

In the same boat Tarbe. I have a 450/400 in ruger also.

If I didn't already have my poor man's 450-400 NE (Ruger No. 1). :)
Tim, if it weren't for poor man models of our favorite rifles, many of us would be a lot poorer than we are!

Tim, if it weren't for poor man models of our favorite rifles, many of us would be a lot poorer than we are!

Ain't that the truth!

This post is KILLING ME..

As is AH..

Prior to joining here I had no real interest in even a "mid bore".. just a few months later I owned a .375...

I swore when I got it that .375H&H would be all the gun I would ever need.. and that all those crazy big bore and double rifle guys would never influence me otherwise..

and yet now I find myself salivating every time I see a nice double come up for grabs at a good price..

If I didnt think the house boss would castrate me I'd be trying to figure out how to send you money now..

GLWS!
You pretty well summed it up...

And to clarify my apparent mistake: I spoke to the Sabatti rep at SHOT. He advised me that this is not a 92 Deluxe but rather a Big Five model. I apologize for any confusion.
I must be mistaken as I was under the impression that the Big Five models had engravings of the Big Five animals?

This looks like a very nice gun, but if it had the animal engravings I would probably have bought it when I first saw the ad. ;)

Is not the Big 5 a higher grade than a 92, Deluxe or otherwise?

ActionBob, Sierraone: I was a little confused by this as well. He was the Sabatti representative so I didn't feel the right to argue with him about it. I just pulled it out to double check. The model is listed as SAFARI. I do not see engravings of the Big Five on the gun anywhere. However, I am still impressed by the level of engraving present.

When was this rifle purchased and did you buy it New?0

SOLD!!!!
Gentlemen,
Thank you for all of the entertaining comments and encouragement. I have truthfully enjoyed it.
The Sabatti is going to a nice gentleman who promises to use it. I'm very happy about this.

Now, if I could only find good homes for a Ruger Hawkeye African in .375 Ruger and a Remington 660 Mohawk in .350 Remington Magnum (both with dies, brass and bullets), I might have more room in my gun safe! I might post them in the near future.

Thank you all again!

Congratulations, I am sure we now have 2 happy AH members! I know how it feels from both ends!!!

Methinks that @Vanguard2279, is a victim of the dreaded "room in the gunsafe" disease; writing about the need to sell his Ruger375, and Rem660 in the future.
It's a terrible affliction; one which most AH members suffer from....
Deepest sympathy, friend.

Geoff Rath: It's a curse. I realized not long ago that I had rifles that I wasn't going to use. I had always been fascinated by the Remington 600/660 in .350 RM. I finally purchased the 660 in 2009, but have never fired it. Neat gun, but it doesn't fit into any of my plans. The Ruger Hawkeye is a great gun. I had a new recoil pad mounted. I found 200 300-grain Winchester Fail safe bullets. Then, I purchased a Ruger Guide Gun in .416 Ruger.
I'm a mess,....

Vanguard2279 Let me know when you are going to sell the 350RM as I know someone that would be interested.

Glad you were able to sell your double. I had great luck with the Sabatti's that I have owned.

Tarbe and Sierraone now fellas when you own the single in a calibre there is a small print that says you should also own a double in the same calibre just to round out the safe! 9.3x74 check, 45/70 check, 405 win check, 450/400 check. I know Phil I am back to being a bad influence. Lets get with the program gentelmen:whistle::cool:

Methinks that @Vanguard2279, is a victim of the dreaded "room in the gunsafe" disease; writing about the need to sell his Ruger375, and Rem660 in the future.
It's a terrible affliction; one which most AH members suffer from....
Deepest sympathy, friend.
Doesn't anyone else, well other than @Bullthrower338 ;) have this figured out?

The solution is to either buy another safe, or relocate some guns to offsite locations... Preferably another State.

And then when you settle into a location for retirement, build a gun room:)

Applies to the "small" stuff too: 22-250; check. 308; check. 300WSM; check. Trying to avoid it with the 416 Rigby, and 9.3X64. The idea of a 416 Rigby double is giving me the shakes. :sick:

SOLD!!!!
Gentlemen,
Thank you for all of the entertaining comments and encouragement. I have truthfully enjoyed it.
The Sabatti is going to a nice gentleman who promises to use it. I'm very happy about this.

Thank you all again!

Oh what a relief! I was wanting this so badly! No clue what I’d do with it. Can’t afford an elephant hunt.

^^^^^ +1 ^^^^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!