RSA to be placed on “Do Not Travel” list??

Dam to be a US citizen now! Your new dictator pales in comparison to ours. If it was only made up fake safety that was stopping me I would be on a flight as planned. Its the Canadian dictators jail fees upon return that has stopped us. Just unwilling to spend the thousands to return home. We just went full lockdown again, cops stopping people for reasons why you are out. Now Trudope wants all inbounds from "certain" countries banned. WTH is Trudope and our premiers planning? I have visited communist countries and Canada sure feels like one right now.

I must be missing something? Stats say a "young" healthy guy like me will recover even after I get Covid, why are the fit, healthy zombies in line for vaccines? 10 people I know have had Covid, test, stay home and all got better, a range of symptoms but all better after 10 days at home. What is really going on?? Craziness has taken over.

Frustrated= I just want to go meet Francois in SA and safari again.

MB

Yes, agree its worse in Canada as to restrictions. Border was just closed for at least another month, probably much longer. Not supposed to leave your own province, no such restrictions here that I am aware of.
Nobody here is being stopped on the street and asked stupid questions, yet.
We are still taking a wait and see stance on getting the shot. Nobody in my family has as of yet. My daughter lives in BC and she and her husband dont plan on getting the shot. I was planning on the JJ one shot wonder, then that got put on hold, though not being a woman of child bearing age, I suspect the risks of serious blood clots is minimal!
BTW, interesting factoid. There is now just over 3 million dead world wide from this WuFlu. Spanish flu of 1918 killed somewhere between 20 and 50 million people and some estimates say as high as 100 million.

When the world rule of "must have vaccine to travel, move around and live" is mandated only then will I get the J&J vaccine. Don't understand why its pulled, same blood clot effects in other vaccines yet Canada marching forward with their vaccinations??

MB

"barramundi is a bloody big fish",, Crocodile Dundee, 1986
Yeah I reckon Hoges would be a fan of Barra on the Barbie. They grow to monsters in the lakes because they're not predated on by the crocs but they don't taste anywhere as good as the saltwater variety. I've had them up at Karumba in the gulf and can vouch that they're "beaut". A few years ago up in the gulf there was a bad drought and the numbers of banana prawns which breed in the mangroves were well down, hence the Barra were small and hard to get, hence the crocs were few and far between. Everything was affected up the food chain. Cheers and to the Aussies on here, ANZAC day this weekend, see you there. I'll be marching, not for myself, for my friends and colleagues in arms who are no longer with us.

Last edited:

Last edited by a moderator:
So....if you look on the embassy’s page for RSA, they are showing that they are at Level 1, if you look at CDC, the whole world is Level 4. I’ll be on Qatar May 21 out of Dulles to Doha to Johannesburg, just saying.

TNDave, I leave out 02 May. Where are you getting your PCR test done? I need to get my PCR test on Friday April 30th or Saturday May 1st.

Yeah I reckon Hoges would be a fan of Barra on the Barbie. They grow to monsters in the lakes because they're not predated on by the crocs but they don't taste anywhere as good as the saltwater variety. I've had them up at Karumba in the gulf and can vouch that they're "beaut". A few years ago up in the gulf there was a bad drought and the numbers of banana prawns which breed in the mangroves were well down, hence the Barra were small and hard to get, hence the crocs were few and far between. Everything was affected up the food chain. Cheers and to the Aussies on here, ANZAC day this weekend, see you there. I'll be marching, not for myself, for my friends and colleagues in arms who are no longer with us.
Spent a week at Karumba in 2015 but at the wrong moon and tide phase so no big barra. Got a few bites up Seven Mile Creek. There was a fishing comp on and my uncle would have won the boat on the trailer if he had listened to the rules. He gill slit his barra even after I told him it was against the rules.... goodbye winning fish! And yes I do remind him of it often!

As for travelling to SA, our head of tourism is "demanding' answers as to why we are on the red list. We have less violent riots than USA, both countries have strikes and our covid numbers are waaaaay down.

There has never been a better time to come. and there may NEVER be a better time in the future! If the last year has taught us anything it is that you must take your opportunities when they crop up, who knows if they ever will again.

Here is a question I havent seen, maybe just missed. If you have been vaccinated and have proof, do you still need to take the test before arriving elsewhere and then back home?
I know DeFauci and others say, keep wearing your masks and social distance, shot or no shot, but at some point it gets way beyond stupid. It actually already is.

Yes you still need a negative test one going over and one coming back.

You will also be required to wear the mask at all times on the plane. Well except when you are eating. If you fall asleep and it slips down they will wake you up.

TNDave, I leave out 02 May. Where are you getting your PCR test done? I need to get my PCR test on Friday April 30th or Saturday May 1st.
www.etsuhealth.org

If scheduling on line you’ll need a front and back copy of your insurance card. I just took a pic of mine with phone and attached.

It’s a drive through PCR in the parking garage at ETSU, when scheduling leave comment you need email copy to print for travel. They said to also tell the nurses doing the test you need an email copy. They get results in 8 hours or less.

Yes you still need a negative test one going over and one coming back.

You will also be required to wear the mask at all times on the plane. Well except when you are eating. If you fall asleep and it slips down they will wake you up.
I realize many are willing to put up with this BS, I am not. Guess it depends on how bad you want to go, for me, not that bad. Too many hoops to jump thru. Its bad enough when things are perfect.

I realize many are willing to put up with this BS, I am not. Guess it depends on how bad you want to go, for me, not that bad. Too many hoops to jump thru. Its bad enough when things are perfect.

Yep I understand. For us we had been planning the trip for well over a year, 12 days from leaving everything closed up. When SA opened in October I rebooked our tickets. Went thru ups and downs with cancellations and rebookings. Lousy layover times and everything else. We got home on Tuesday AM, it was worth the hassle!!!!

Was this your first time over? The travel part of my first trip in 1985 was pretty bad, missed flights, snow storms, brutal flights with rude smoking passengers, and I had just quit smoking shortly before leaving. Nasty passengers, etc.
Trip was great but the travel sucks, even pre Covid, it always sucks, a royal PITA. I guess I no longer feel the same pull I once did after 8 trips.

Was this your first time over? The travel part of my first trip in 1985 was pretty bad, missed flights, snow storms, brutal flights with rude smoking passengers, and I had just quit smoking shortly before leaving. Nasty passengers, etc.
Trip was great but the travel sucks, even pre Covid, it always sucks, a royal PITA. I guess I no longer feel the same pull I once did after 8 trips.

Yes this was my first trip. Have already started thinking about second trip. The one good thing about the long flights and hassle is that it would keep ya from going every couple of months. LOL

The State Department, like some other government agencies makes recommendations not rules. Regardless of what they recommend we can still travel to RSA this year!

I have personally traveled in years past to a country that was on the do not travel list at the time. All you are going to get, if I recall correctly, is an automated email from the airline shortly before your departure stating to please check the website of the State Department for pertinent info on the location you are traveling to. The only time they can stop travel to a country or reason is with a ban. That isn't to say they can't mandate a negative COVID test for you to come or go. Unless you had the vaccine but well, that's a whole other can of worms.

The country I traveled to was Brazil and this was during a period of high crime in violence around 2014-2015. It was placed on the do not travel list during that time. It's just an alert level on the State Department website.

Yes this was my first trip. Have already started thinking about second trip. The one good thing about the long flights and hassle is that it would keep ya from going every couple of months. LOL
Aint no trip like the first one!

The State Department, like some other government agencies makes recommendations not rules. Regardless of what they recommend we can still travel to RSA this year!
When you get to level 4, depending mostly on why they say dont go, they also say pretty much, if anything happens to you over there, you're on your own.

When you get to level 4, depending mostly on why they say dont go, they also say pretty much, if anything happens to you over there, you're on your own.
I can see that with civil unrest etc but if they leave you high and dry because of a covid warning I'd be shocked, even considering its the government

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CornellMck

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber