RSA to be placed on “Do Not Travel” list??

Well I have heard you can look on here...find a great hunt offer I have, and phone @TRAVEL EXPRESS and ask the lovely ladies and others there to book you a flight to lusaka....or ndola soon when I believe Ethiopian are recomencing flights ...and come and enjoy :D Beers:
I am trying, but it's still three days over and three days back. If Ethiopian would just restart their IAH flight.

Saw in news that State Department looking to place 80% of the countries in the world on the “do not travel” list based on cdc recommendations.

Anyone else heard this or have any insight? I looked online but didn’t see much.
Already received both shots ready to travel in confidence!!!!

I am trying, but it's still three days over and three days back. If Ethiopian would just restart their IAH flight.
Qatar, IAH to JNB 26 hours, one stop in Doha.

I leave Anchorage on the 17th... arrive RSA the 19th. I have waited my adult life for this and I surely am not listening to what that dotard in the White House thinks.

Russ... Best of wishes sir.

I just got back. Travel was no higher risk than going to Wasilla. Covid testing in RSA was easier and faster than here.

Well, with COVID vaccination now essentially available to any American who wants it, Big Brother has to invent a new crisis to justify the next round of stupendously stupid legislations coming down the sewer pipe...

I see it is OK for our esteem President to let anyone in the USA from around the world though our Southern borders without a picture ID and then let them get on board a commercial flight anywhere in the US spreading the Covid19 virus.

Just to give you an idea of how reliable the CDC is at assessing COVID travel risks, here's an example:

United Arab Emirates

Vaccinations: 99% of the population
CDC COVID risk rating: VERY HIGH

Not sure how a country that has better vaccination rates than us is still a very high risk...

But don't worry, China is low risk.

Thanks CDC...

Here's my sources from the CDC webpage:
Screenshot_20210420-231554_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210420-231810_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210420-232048_Chrome.jpg

Some of the best trips I have had were on that list when I went: Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, El Salvador, Ivory Coast ...

Don't let that stop you. Last I checked the CDC recommended quarantining a week after going out to eat.

So what I am hearing is Biden recommends don't go... but if I show up at the airport in my big boy pants, I am good to go. Sounds right fine by me. I am under a month until leaving for RSA. I can't wait.
Biden says don't go because all of the countries on the list have stairs and those are hazardous to his health...

Just some info on current state of Covid affairs in RSA most active infection are seen in the Western Cape and KwaZulu Natal we had 21 death on Covid on the 19th out of population of 65million.
Dont be stupid keep distance and use your logic. Out hunting is probarbly the safest place.

So our numbers are really down from what it was where 2nd wave had over 100 + pass away each day.
Then even those death certificates are not to be trusted as I know for a fact of some who committed suicide and the certificate read Result of Death Covid.

So come and support the Outfitters who are really in need to get back on their feet.

Of course they are going to recommend against any form of travel. What else would you expect from this administration? As far as I am concerned, any information or advice coming from the State Department, CDC, WHO, or any other agenda-driven bureaucratic agency is as about as worthless as the individual currently occupying the Oval Office.

Even without the vaccines, there is more than enough information now available for each individual to evaluate their own personal risk, and make their own health decisions. As far as risking spread to others in the course of travel, isn't that the purpose of the testing and mandating masks before being allowed to board an international flight? So, if the testing and masking works, combined with the fact that any traveler testing positive is denied travel and required to quarantine, the risk of spread should be eliminated right

Administration= hey dont go to any countries, you'll put fellow citizens at risk. You'll be a super spreader.
Oh, don't worry about all the illegals we're bringing in and moving throughout the country and not testing. They're not dangerous.
Lock down 4 ever.
You have a finger, it's the middle one. They only want to lock down Americans, who are no longer welcome in their own country.

Administration= hey dont go to any countries, you'll put fellow citizens at risk. You'll be a super spreader.
Oh, don't worry about all the illegals we're bringing in and moving throughout the country and not testing. They're not dangerous.
Lock down 4 ever.
Australia is pretty safe, here in Queensland no new community spread cases. can travel to all states. Here's a plug for the NT winter safari season, big buffs (esp early in the season, they're fat and feisty), banteng, wild cattle, lots and lots of pigs, and no I don't have any financial or other connection to any of the PH's up there in the Territory.

Australia is pretty safe, here in Queensland no new community spread cases. can travel to all states. Here's a plug for the NT winter safari season, big buffs (esp early in the season, they're fat and feisty), banteng, wild cattle, lots and lots of pigs, and no I don't have any financial or other connection to any of the PH's up there in the Territory.
I meant to add that the saltwater NT Barramundi are to die for, both in the water scrap and on the barbie.

“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” Mark Twain

I just got back a little over a week ago and Have another trip in Aug. Everyone has to make up their own mind and make the correct decision based on their level of risk tolerance.

My first impression is that Both Qatar and South Africa are practicing safe social distancing, wearing of masks and having hand sanitizer available EVERYWHERE much better than we are doing here in the states. For me and my wife we are using our common sense, have been vaccinated, following the rules about being tested to meet the travel timeline and will be traveling.

So do your personal risk assessment of the situation and go or stay. As for me I will see you in the bush and look forward to your hunt report. Or your comments on my hunt if you decide to stay home.

Have fun shoot straight and enjoy life.

This is off of the CDC site,

On January 12, 2021, CDC announced an Order requiring all air passengers arriving to the US from a foreign country to get tested no more than 3 days before their flight departs and to present the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding the flight.

Has anyone done "rapid testing" in South Africa on the way back to the states?
How difficult was it finding a dependable rapid testing site that was readily available to hunters, i.e. open on weekends and later hours.
Thank you for your reply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg