Rigby 404 scope/mount

gearguywb

AH fanatic
Joined
Dec 11, 2023
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,226
Location
KC
Media
12
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
2
Hunted
S. Africa, Namibia, Alaska, Germany
Picked up a 404 Jeff Rigby this week. :)

I have been using a Leupold LPVO on my 416. Thinking either another one of those or perhaps a Trijicon.

I have never mounted a scope on a Rigby action. Any particular suggestions. I see several options for quick release, but I don't think I need to go that route (although it would be nice.

Anything that I should be aware of mont/scope wise before I head down the rabbit hole?
 
being a new Rigby it has the typical bases/square bridges on the action ?
 
Yes sir
 
I'm a Talley Fan ....
Give them a call they will give you the answers you need
 
Crosshair

RECKNAGEL 30MM SWING OFF MOUNT RIGBY BIG GAME for sale​

Back to Search Results

Guns International #: 103316799
Categories: Scope Mounts | Gun Accessories

▲
  • RECKNAGEL 30MM SWING OFF MOUNT RIGBY BIG GAME - Image 1 of 4
  • RECKNAGEL 30MM SWING OFF MOUNT RIGBY BIG GAME - Image 2 of 4
  • RECKNAGEL 30MM SWING OFF MOUNT RIGBY BIG GAME - Image 3 of 4
  • RECKNAGEL 30MM SWING OFF MOUNT RIGBY BIG GAME - Image 4 of 4
▼
RECKNAGEL 30MM SWING OFF MOUNT RIGBY BIG GAME - Image 1 of 4
RECKNAGEL 30MM SWING OFF MOUNT RIGBY BIG GAME - Image 2 of 4
RECKNAGEL 30MM SWING OFF MOUNT RIGBY BIG GAME - Image 3 of 4
RECKNAGEL 30MM SWING OFF MOUNT RIGBY BIG GAME - Image 4 of 4

I would look here
 
Picked up a 404 Jeff Rigby this week. :)

I have been using a Leupold LPVO on my 416. Thinking either another one of those or perhaps a Trijicon.

I have never mounted a scope on a Rigby action. Any particular suggestions. I see several options for quick release, but I don't think I need to go that route (although it would be nice.

Anything that I should be aware of mont/scope wise before I head down the rabbit hole?
Well, as you know, your Rigby action is a Mauser (if current production). :-). I second the Recknagel system referenced above.
 
a hearty ‘congratulations’!

looking forward to the pics

 
Last edited:
Man, congrats on the new Rigby 404 Jeffery, that’s a proper dangerous game rifle. I picked up a similar one a while back (modern production on that controlled-feed Mauser-style action) and went through the exact same head-scratching on scoping it. I’d been running a Leupold LPVO on my .416 and loved the versatility, so I was leaning the same direction for the .404.
 
As long as it’s a double square bridge, the Recknagel are awesome. And the 30mm are most common although they started making in 34mm as well. I have the same set up on my Rigby BGR wearing a Z8i 1-8. Easy on and off, so easy, and always right back to zero.

Rivers & Glen looks to have them in stock, which depending on where you are, most the larger Rigby dealers (Gordys, Wolfs, Gentz) should have them as well. When I spoke to Cabelas right after they got their large batch of 404’s and 450’s in, the one thing they didn’t get was mounts for any of them.

 
Picked up a 404 Jeff Rigby this week. :)

I have been using a Leupold LPVO on my 416. Thinking either another one of those or perhaps a Trijicon.

I have never mounted a scope on a Rigby action. Any particular suggestions. I see several options for quick release, but I don't think I need to go that route (although it would be nice.

Anything that I should be aware of mont/scope wise before I head down the rabbit hole?
I would love to see a picture of the new rifle!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,289
Members
169,519
Latest member
jhbrown9
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top