Rigby 350 Takedown

PaulB

AH enthusiast
Joined
Dec 17, 2021
Messages
296
Reaction score
1,827
Media
38
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Rigby 350 Takedown

I was so excited to add this rifle to my collection. This Rigby was completed in 1911 (serial no. 2946). The .400/350 Rigby is a classic example of Rigby’s pre-war sporting rifle at its Edwardian peak. The takedown system reflects Rigby’s hallmark precision, locking up with absolute security and returning to zero as intended—ideal for the traveling sportsman of the Empire. Chambered in the celebrated .400/350, it offers an exceptional balance of velocity and penetration for plains and forest game alike. The .350 Rigby was a stalwart of Rigby’s pre-war lineup, widely regarded as one of the firm’s most practical and versatile sporting cartridges.

IMG_5488.jpeg
 
@PaulB What a nice rifle! Yours is the rimless version correct?

I have a Rigby double in 400/350 rimmed that was manufactured in 1910.
 
@PaulB What a nice rifle! Yours is the rimless version correct?

I have a Rigby double in 400/350 rimmed that was manufactured in 1910.
It is rimmed
 
Always nice to see a Rigby with their cocking piece peep sight. This looks like the 310gr loading - correct? Nice acquisition.
 
Wow, just an awesome collection you have there, and always beautiful presented and documented.
 
What a wonderful rifle, congratulations!
 
Very nice.....Paul "forced" me :D to buy one...not a takedown just standard rifle...he had 2 actions and they had been converted to 9.3x74r....as I already had a 9.3x74r double I was like why?...but he kept on at me...we were in back of a mini bus after days boar shooting in Hungary...so I was a captive audience....suddenly that lovely bulb went off in my brain and I said OK will have ot built for my son...he was only bout 5 or 6 at the time...when it was finished I got Paul to keep it in store...one Christmas my ex wife said what we getting him for Christmas...I was haven't a clue...he was around 11 or so now...that bulb went off and reminded me...now I thought mmm...so how do I tell her I bought him a very nice rifle years ago without mentioning it....she didn't care or think just said yes great...next day flight to Gatwick and brought it back....one happy little boy Christmas day :A Thumbs Up:.....will say again lovely rifle ....you have a neat collection..congrats :D Beers:
 
Very nice.....Paul "forced" me :D to buy one...not a takedown just standard rifle...he had 2 actions and they had been converted to 9.3x74r....as I already had a 9.3x74r double I was like why?...but he kept on at me...we were in back of a mini bus after days boar shooting in Hungary...so I was a captive audience....suddenly that lovely bulb went off in my brain and I said OK will have ot built for my son...he was only bout 5 or 6 at the time...when it was finished I got Paul to keep it in store...one Christmas my ex wife said what we getting him for Christmas...I was haven't a clue...he was around 11 or so now...that bulb went off and reminded me...now I thought mmm...so how do I tell her I bought him a very nice rifle years ago without mentioning it....she didn't care or think just said yes great...next day flight to Gatwick and brought it back....one happy little boy Christmas day :A Thumbs Up:.....will say again lovely rifle ....you have a neat collection..congrats :D Beers:
Thank you for sharing this story. My son is 14, and he is starting to appreciate rifles from this bygone era. I’m Trying to disciple him right!
 
Thank you for sharing this story. My son is 14, and he is starting to appreciate rifles from this bygone era. I’m Trying to disciple him right!

I remembered I had put a thread up about it years ago...just found it......was nearer the time so dates etc more accurate :D

 
Beautiful! You have all the components in hand (fantastic firearms, pictures, and stories) for a coffee table book!
 
Another lovely rifle. I narrowly missed out on buying a 350 rigby takedown that a friend had for sale by one day, it was a nice rifle that came with brass and dies. I think I put more rounds through it than my friend, I had to check I had the money for it but the guy who ended up with it offered a Hepburn rifle and some cash on the spot. Turned out the Hepburn was a piece of crap that needed a lot of work to get it shooting
Gumpy
 
Another lovely rifle. I narrowly missed out on buying a 350 rigby takedown that a friend had for sale by one day, it was a nice rifle that came with brass and dies. I think I put more rounds through it than my friend, I had to check I had the money for it but the guy who ended up with it offered a Hepburn rifle and some cash on the spot. Turned out the Hepburn was a piece of crap that needed a lot of work to get it shooting
Gumpy
Man, that’s tough. They are pretty rare.
 
Rigby 350 Takedown

I was so excited to add this rifle to my collection. This Rigby was completed in 1911 (serial no. 2946). The .400/350 Rigby is a classic example of Rigby’s pre-war sporting rifle at its Edwardian peak. The takedown system reflects Rigby’s hallmark precision, locking up with absolute security and returning to zero as intended—ideal for the traveling sportsman of the Empire. Chambered in the celebrated .400/350, it offers an exceptional balance of velocity and penetration for plains and forest game alike. The .350 Rigby was a stalwart of Rigby’s pre-war lineup, widely regarded as one of the firm’s most practical and versatile sporting cartridges.

View attachment 741188
That is awesome. I'm very jealous. Enjoy it:)
 
Beautiful rifle there sir! You have some amazing rifles in your collection.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,772
Members
169,617
Latest member
VGYDexter
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top