Rifles & handguns you own and have owned

I started out my career with an m-14 that had a selector, progressed through an M1 and a BAR and then the notorious M16. then onto an M60, a 3.5" rocket launcher and an M79 thumper. For a while there was an M109SP 155mm and an M2 50 cal. I no longer have any of them, all I get is a "thank you for your service". I'd give all those thank yous for any one of the above.

Unfortunately, that isn't how it works.

Since I began messing around with firearms, (starting about 1969) I've probably owned a couple hundred of them (but, not all at once.)
Most were surplus military rifles, various mass produced hunting rifles and mass produced shotguns plus, a few muzzle loaders and a decent selection of various handguns.
I even bought a sub machine gun once (Sten Gun and a Dillon progressive machine to load for it).

Fast forward to now:
Since becoming interested with hunting in Africa, I have steadily sold off most of my firearms, to pay for my trips over there.
Not that more than just a handful of my former guns were anything to write home about in the first place.
But, virtually none of them depreciated in value and some fetched me a decent profit over what I had paid for them (especially that Sten Gun).

That being said, I formerly had owned 4 double rifles and one very fine Parker 12 bore shotgun.
1. Merkel .375 SxS that I had claw mounted with a Leupold 2.5 power scope.
And, I shot 9 critters in Africa with same (antelopes and warthog).
2. Army & Navy .450 No2 NE hammer gun, also a SxS that, I shot a buffalo plus, so called plains game with.
3. Henry Atkin SxS .275 NE flanged (7x57R) that I killed many DPT (dangerous paper targets) with but no real animals.
4. Heym 88B SxS .458 Winchester, again very effective against paper targets in my own personal experiences with it but, no animals.
5. Parker VH model 12 gauge, (smokeless/nitro, not Damascus), made around 1900 that, had later been professionally restored by Delgreco, including restocked with very fancy walnut.
That shotgun fit me extremely well but like all the rest, I sold it to help pay my multiple safari bills.
It was choked right barrel imp cylinder and left barrel modified.
With it I shot many pheasant, chukar and a few ducks (with bismuth shot for the ducks).

Perhaps someday I will have another double rifle, perhaps not, who knows.
However, one fine day I will indeed have another decent shotgun that, will fit me and have decent ancestry as well.
I'm fond of side by sides, such as many Parkers, and some LC Smiths, AH Fox, etc., etc., very much especially fond of most Linders I've seen ..... and some English guns but, not so much their common straight stocked ones (I favor the Prince of Wales grip, with 2 & 1/2" drop at the heel).
Could be happy with the right pre-war Merkel O/U but prefer the SxS types mentioned, if I may be so bold.

Anyway, if any burglar is reading this, please do drop into pick over my few clunkers that I have left these days.
Your reception will be fast and loud.

Last edited:
I don't reach near the lists of others here, but I've owned a few...

Savage 110 .243 - still have this one
Savage 110 .270
Savage 110 .30-06
Marlin 336 .30-30
Steyr Pro Hunter .270 - my current go to rifle

I'm looking to expand in the short-term. Definitely a .223 bolt action and probably a .300 WM to take with me to Africa.

If they can get through the alarm system, video cameras and past the nosy neighbors to attempt an assault on three one thousand pound safes on the second floor, well, have at it! Aside from that, how many have their firearms insured?

Mine are insured thru my Home owners policy.... anywhere I travel in the world.... It was the best priced premium....

Not all firearm insurance covers anywhere in the world....!!

Remington BDL in 270 bought in the 60s
Weatherby Mark V 270 Weatherby Magnum (rarely
Browning 22 auto rifle
Ruger 10/22
Marlin 336 30-30
Rem XCR II 375 Weatherby
Win M70 Classic stainless/synthetic 416 Rem
CZ 550 500 Jeffery

Springfield Pro 45 ACP
Springfield V16 LongSlide 45 Super

Don't know that I even could remember all of them that have passed through my hands. Some I regret selling were an original Winchester 1885 lo wall in 25/20S S with the Ideal
Loading tool. A Remington 30 express in 30/06. An LC Smith 12ga that was hell on ducks in the timber. A 375JDJ Contender pistol. A few that will not be leaving.... a 1924 Ithaca SxS that fits like a glove, my 45/70 Sharps rifle, my CZ's In 416 Rigby & 500jeff, my grandfathers Stevens 520 shotgun, and a few 1911 pistols.

The trouble is that sooner or later we all leave them, orphans in a cruel world. I find it much more comforting to know that they have been placed in a loving home where they will continue to receive the care and affection they so need and desire.

If they can get through the alarm system, video cameras and past the nosy neighbors to attempt an assault on three one thousand pound safes on the second floor, well, have at it! Aside from that, how many have their firearms insured?

The best insurance is a 1,000 pound safe like you have. My safe is fire proof as well. Insurance companies simply can't be depended on; by the time you get through deductibles and limits of coverage you end up getting 10 cents on the dollar. The best investment is a good heavy fireproof safe. It took four people to get mine from the truck to my reloading room. Now that it's full of firearms and ammo, nobody is going to be able to move it.

The best insurance is a 1,000 pound safe like you have. My safe is fire proof as well. Insurance companies simply can't be depended on; by the time you get through deductibles and limits of coverage you end up getting 10 cents on the dollar. The best investment is a good heavy fireproof safe. It took four people to get mine from the truck to my reloading room. Now that it's full of firearms and ammo, nobody is going to be able to move it.
For high end firearms like some of us own, the safe can be a money saving option.. A couple years worth of premiums will buy a top of the line safe.

That's why mine aren't at home, no safe (they're kept at a friend's place, in a massive safe with loads of empty space).

Agree on the safe. And as a wise man once told me, buy a way bigger safe than you need. That way you have an excuse to fill it

I have 53 in my private armory. A healthy balance between long guns and handguns. Too many to list here but I am professionally employed as a Fraud Investigator and former law enforcement. I see no down side in listing your firearms in a semi-open forum. The feds know what you have and if there are any thieves here trolling they are going to be met with heavy resistance at my place and I sm sure at your place as well. Most of mine consist of big bore handguns and rifles. I was recently diagnosed with esophageal cancer so I am currently fighting for my life with a less than 50% chance to survive the upcoming major surgery which carries life long side effects which will undoubtedly keep me from firing any of my firearms. So I am in a state of shock because I was a competitive powerlifter and bodybuilder, who did not drink alcohol, smoke or have Gerd or acid reflux. I had the energy levels of a teenager and the body of a 30 year old. The doctors said I was unlucky.

After 5 intensive chemotherapy and radiation sessions, I have lost more than 30 pounds of my precious muscle that took me 43 years to build. I am 56 years old. I now feel like I have the energy level and body of an 80+ year old man.

Enjoy the journey and your growing collection of firearms . Over the next couple of days I will take the time to list my inventory out for you.

My uncle was diagnosed with advanced esophageal cancer five years ago. He made it through the long course of treatment and is now doing well (albeit with some long term ramifications, as you mention). I hope, sincerely hope you survive your ordeal as well (and not only survive, but thrive...and enjoy use of your collection, again).

@situis, Good luck to you sir. I had a co-worker, in his 60s just retired, who went through a tough time with cancer. He pulled through and although not 100% back to his old original self, is riding the country on his motorcycle and still enjoying life. Stay positive!

Suitis,
Sorry to hear about your trouble! I have recently been witness to two different men make it through cancer, both with much less than a 50% chance of surviving. One had lung cancer stage 4 and the other pancreatic cancer. Both are shooting again much to my relief. I believe that if you keep your mind in the right place and have faith in our creator, it makes a huge difference in recovery. My friend with lung cancer was as close to an atheist as could be, he isn’t anymore. The gentleman with pancreatic cancer never let his faith waiver and has defied all odds against him. I will pray for a swift recovery and that you can continue your passions. You might just have to step down to some small to mid bores for a spell!
Best Regards,
Cody

Sorry I will not be posting. Not so much because I am afraid of the gov or anything. It is because the list is too long, especially if I list firearms that I owned and then sold. Still have 3 large safes full.

@siutis , sorry to hear that, but don´t loose faith. My wife has beat cancer, twice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg